starting strength gym

Thread: Aron's new log.

Default Aron's new log.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Fuck it, may as well actually log my workouts if I'm going to do them. I'm not really an intermediate, but I've recently started a low calorie high protein diet in an attempt to shed some fat by the summer, so I dont feel confident setting PR's 3 times a week now. I'm going to be using a program I saw by Duane Hansen.

Monday
    Squat 5 x 5
    Bench 3 x 3
    Row 3 x 3

Wednesday
    Clean & Press 5 x 5 (one clean + five presses)
    Deadlift 3 x 3

Friday
    Squat 3 x 3
    Bench 5 x 5
    Row 5 x 5

In the squat, bench and row, use as much weight as you can for the 5 sets of five; add weight when you get all of the reps. On the days that call for 3 sets of 3, use the same weight that you used last time for the 5 x 5. Use as much weight as you can for the C&P and the deadlift, again adding weight when you get all of the reps.

Some quick background, regulars should know me by now but if not:

196 lb, 20 year old male, 20% guesstimate bf, 5'10, 37 inch waist.
    Last edited by aron; 02-15-2011 at 03:56 PM.

First Workout:

Oly Squat: 90 kg 5x5 first time squatting for a couple of weeks, decided to start what I thought was conservatively, last few reps on last 2 sets were a grind, but just getting back into it.

Bench: 72.5 kg 3x3. Decided to do a pause on my chest for 2 seconds on the 3x3 days. These were easy.

Rows: 60 kg 3x3 easy

Did some leg curls and extensions to help my knee.

Starting to look leaner this week, which i'm pretty sure is down to the dietary changes. Weight down to 196.

Todays Workout:

Press: 60 kg 5x5 fairly easy

Front Squat: 60 kg 3x5, legs were still a little sore from sunday, so did them with a wider stance and paused at the bottom, exploded up. Gonna see how I feel on friday, if they impact fridays squats then I'll stop doing them, but they're one of my favourite movements.

Deadlift: 140 kg 3x3, fast, but upper back rounded a fair amount. As long as my lower back is straight. I'm not too bothered.

Nice job! I hope your new routine works well for you... best of luck.

As for the upper back rounding on the DL, just look to the king of RAW DL's... Konstantinovs. It works for him, so as long as it feels good, stick with it!