starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jack LaLanne - A Life Well Lived

Default Jack LaLanne - A Life Well Lived

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    by Bill Starr

When I heard the news that Jack LaLanne had died, the first thing that popped into my head was, “Reports of his death are greatly exaggerated.” Jack Lalanne can’t be dead, I thought. He was supposed to live for another ten years. At the very least, he would crack the century barrier still full of vim and vigor. He was the benchmark for all of us involved in physical fitness. I recalled the remark he made frequently, “I can’t die. It would ruin my image.”

Article

Resources Page

IMO, I don't think anybody could give a better tribute or insight into Jack LaLanne than Bill Starr. Great read.

Great article!

What a great article and a particularly good title. As much of an icon as Jack was, it was hard (for me anyway) to take his strength seriously. Sure he was good at his feats of endurance and had some great guns, but he was about exercise and his TV show more than strength in my mind. Seeing the respect someone of Bill Starr's stature had for him and the stories of their workouts changed that perspective for me. It was also good to see that Jack walked the walk in terms of honor and integrity as an account from someone in the know like Bill Starr. Thanks to him for writing it and to you folks for providing it here.

That is a great article! motivational and concise. Very good , Coach.

What a wonderful and poignant article.

I'm 24-years-old, but I've watch Jack LaLanne since birth. I had no idea he and Bill Starr were friends until reading this article.

What a person.

Nice tribute Bill. Now that Jack is gone you're gonna have to carry the fitness Torch. If you ever need a boat to pull out of Atlantic City, NJ , let me know :-))

Bill Starr is an amazing writer. The skill it takes to create copy that smooth is incredible.

Jack Lalanne was a master, probably one of the few strictly Western fitness/health guys who emulated the Taoist masters in training, life and philosophy.

Thank you Bill.

God speed, Jack!

Wow. Just wow. A beautiful and informative tribute from one inspiring and true gentleman to another. Thanks!

starting strength coach development program
    Wow. Great post Bill. I always admired Jacks contribution to fitness and health. This made me appreciate what he contributed to our field even more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast