Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SS nonsense?

Default SS nonsense?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Mr. Popular strikes again.

Rippetoes and Lacking Muscle

I think the OP of that thread is not lifting heavy enough. 8 months seems like a long time for 180 pound BW.

Whatever happened to just shutting up and keep training?

A lost art..

SS isn't a body building routine

The guy just turned 18. Right now he knows everything; it will take years for him to learn how ignorant he is.

EDIT

Never mind, I tought it was the OP doing the bashing. My bad for posting before reading the whole thing.
    Last edited by devnull; 02-17-2011 at 05:49 PM.

That whole thread over at Tnation is pretty sad. SS is not a bodybuilding routine! It is meant to get you bigger and stronger, but that is only if you follow a good diet as well. Most kids are not going to eat enough and stall out. They then blame it all on the guy who wrote the program, even though they didn't follow the program. Some of the guys over there also bag on 5/3/1 as well, but that is a different story.

I have no problem with people wanting to body build, but I do think it is stupid to think that you can put on serious mass/muscles by just doing isolation stuff. About 12 years ago I was more into bodybuilding style routines, but at least I had enough sense to always start off with one of the big 3. I did more isolation stuff like leg curls, calves, arm curls etc, but I alwways put the major lift first. This helped a lot, and if you look at a lot of the big bodybuilders, they hit variations of the big 3 in one way or another.

SS is a great program, it is too bad that the TS over at Tnation never understood its purpose or how to implement it correctly.

I hate when people talk about all this mobility nonsense, whats the point of doing all this extra shit technical shit when you cant get the basics down. its not even worth commenting on this kid cause it just pisses me off.

One other thing... and maybe I'm just an oddball, but every time I look at that Tnation website, I think "Tranny Nation". Maybe it is the layout or whatever, but I don't even like looking at the webiste at a coffee shop or other public place. Like I said, maybe its just me!

As long as that is Mr Popular's profile pic, the world is relatively safe from his advice.

Yo Tfs

starting strength coach development program
    Facepalm.

I bet anything he didn't follow it properly, or his diet/sleep sucks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast