starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check

Default Squat form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Coach Rip,

Still tweaking my form, have a cheap belt on, but it helps.

Let 'er rip (no pun intended).

260#, Set 1

260#, Set 2

260#, Set 3

A little faster descent will sharpen up your rebound. Keep your eyes and chin down and this will help too.

Thank you sir. Having a hard time keeping my chin and eyes down though and keeping my back and chest up, is this something that will improve as my lower back gets stronger?

And thank you for convincing me to buy proper squat shoes, it has made all the difference in the world.

Can you imagine what would've happen to these people during the 2nd set if this was Kirk Karwoski's camera? According to this video he is not very tolerant.

Staying in position will improve as fast as you make it improve. You can do it now if you will focus on it. And you don't get to be the IPF world champion by being tolerant. But since you mention it, you should have yelled at those broads for fucking up your video.

I don't think words can express how much I wanted to hurl a 45 at these idiots...you can't hear, but I ripped ass a couple of times on my way up so I thought that would suffice as punishment enough. They promptly left the area.

starting strength coach development program
    Speaking of Kirk Karwoski, am I right in thinking that his form is really tight according to SS standards? His knees drop forward a little at the bottom, but shit happens at heavy weights.

btw, a retired powerlifter friend of mine who partied with Capt. Kirk, assures me that all of that stuff in that video is just bravado, and he is actually a nice guy. Appratantly his eyes start to point in different directions when he gets very drunk.