starting strength gym

Thread: Correlation between PC and deadlift?

Default Correlation between PC and deadlift?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Is there a set correlation between PCs and deadlifts? I can deadlift roughly three times what I can PC, and when I see videos of Oly lifters cleaning 250-300+kilos, I wonder, do they deadlift in the 8-9 hundreds?

No, obviously, when your training goal is to maximize your clean #s, the clean/deadlift ratio will go up. My own PCL for a while was right around 50% of my deadlift, and it's now it's a little higher than that.

Quote Originally Posted by peanuts-nuts View Post
    Is there a set correlation between PCs and deadlifts? I can deadlift roughly three times what I can PC, and when I see videos of Oly lifters cleaning 250-300+kilos, I wonder, do they deadlift in the 8-9 hundreds?
    Kind of. Your PC is pretty low for your DL. I think most people on here can PC 50% +/- 10% of their deadlift. I think most Oly lifters can clean something like 80% of their deadlift, but mainly because they don't deadlift much.

Also, you're comparing a power clean to a full clean. There's going to be quite a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrofbass View Post
    Kind of. Your PC is pretty low for your DL. I think most people on here can PC 50% +/- 10% of their deadlift. I think most Oly lifters can clean something like 80% of their deadlift, but mainly because they don't deadlift much.

Also, you're comparing a power clean to a full clean. There's going to be quite a difference.
    I see, thanks. Would my PC be relatively low because it's a pretty new move for me? I'm 6 months into TTM, and before that I hadn't cleaned.

Quote Originally Posted by peanuts-nuts View Post
    I see, thanks. Would my PC be relatively low because it's a pretty new move for me? I'm 6 months into TTM, and before that I hadn't cleaned.
    Yes. It can take some time to pick up the technique, and once you get solid (or decent, I don't know) technique, it should start to go up fairly quickly.