starting strength gym

Thread: biting my tongue at the gym

Default biting my tongue at the gym

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I've only been doing SS for 4 months and I'm old and unimpressive looking so I don't offer advice to those I see doing things poorly at the university gym I use. But yesterday I was struggling to stay quiet. I watched this skinny 20ish year old girl load 200 lbs on the bar and then break every squat rule that Rip ever wrote. I swear if he'd seen her he'd have had a stroke. Quarter squats doesn't do it justice; more like 8th. I think the bar was moving vertically about 10 inches. Knees really coming together; I thought they might knock. Big time rounded lower back. Running shoes, needless to say. Head back, too. At least she had her elbows back.

On top of that, I was there before her waiting for the rack and she butted in. I politely suggested we work together to which she objected that she was on a time schedule. I over-ruled that one and made her change weights with me. Hell, I'm old enough to be her grand fuckin' father and she disses me. Damned kids.

On a brighter note, the kid that followed me did some of the nicest looking squats I've seen. I was truly jealous. Damned kids.

She have big cans?

smack + ass = vacant rack

Quote Originally Posted by f4thpathway View Post
    smack + ass = vacant rack
    do they have police in colorado?

Nice Story !

After getting used to observe my own and training buddies form automatically i also tend to wander around in my gym seeing epic fail lifts everywhere. But i think most of them just dont know how to do it right but jesus if you help everyone u can stay there 24/7.

starting strength coach development program
    do they have police in colorado?
    not at the gym