starting strength gym

Thread: Poor Squat Form and Slow Bar Speed

Default Poor Squat Form and Slow Bar Speed

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I've been progressing on my squat, after a 3mo layoff and stalled back then at 162. I'm set to squat 200 today, but I noticed that after 160 my bar speed slowed down significantly and poor form progressively got worse as my lifts progressed.

So far I haven't missed any reps but as I continue to move up with the weights, whenever I squat it turns into a semi-goodmorning. When I attempt to correct this by keeping my knees in place, the bar speed is that of a snail.

My question is, should I deload and correct my form? If so, what weight should I deload to?

Thanks

160? None?

You'll get better at dealing with fatigue once you get back into the swing of things and your for won't de-generate as quickly.
    You could de-load to 160 since you say this is where your form breaks down, or you could try to fix your form and keep going up from where you are. The latter is tempting, but not generally a good idea.

Also, If your sure about what the problem is (knees) then it should be easier to fix, you'll progress back up fairly quickly so don't worry about the de-load.