starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clean check

Default Clean check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Are you trying to bounce it off of your thighs?

Not intentionally.

A couple of things:

1. Look at your starting position: your shoulders are pretty much in line with the bar. You need to get forward so the bar is under the line of the scapula. Raising your hips some (maintaining extension of course) I think will help with this.

2. As MikeC1 noticed, you are bouncing off of your thighs. This is due to not reaching full extension and perhaps some segmentation artifacts in your life. When you clean, try this: Each rep, do one Clean Pull, concentrating on full extension, followed immediately by a clean. Also, you could do 3-position cleans from top down.

3. Your acceleration through the 2nd pull is almost non-existent (partly due to segmentation). Try some high hang cleans to work on that maybe.

Thanks for the feedback. I watched the video again and saw what you pointed out. Looks like I got some work to do.

Could you post a video with a few more reps? Perhaps a triple? My first thought from your single is that the bar is going very slow after your last pull.

Full cleans are generally done for singles when executed for form and weight. Performance of more for training is ok, but form usually breaks down to the point of being relatively useless for technique evaluation.

Hi,

looks like you are not completing your triple extension. As the bar bounces off your thighs, your legs are not fully extended.

I have exactly the same problem (there is a recent thread of mine in this very section), and some people (Bazarov) have suggested that I use a "hips" cue rather than a "jump" one for my extension.
    I don't know if this applies to you as well, but I thought it might be useful to add it, just in case.

IPB

Seems like extensions is my biggest problem so far, I will work on that.

Just to clarify, once the bar reaches the area above my knees, is that the cue to jump/explode upwards?

starting strength coach development program
    It seems like in this video

http://www.cathletics.com/exercises/...?exerciseID=76

she is waiting till the bar reaches her upper thigh area before jumping up. Is this right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast