Any advice on training (as a complete novice trying to Do The Program) with plantar fasciitis? Or, better yet, getting rid of it altogether?

Background: male, 5'11", ~180 pounds, 18 years old. Ran quite a lot over the summer (up to seventy miles a week) without any foot problems whatsoever. Then, in August, I did a slightly longer session of barefoot drills than normal, and woke up the next morning with my arches throbbing. I stopped running, started stretching, massaged with a tennis ball, custom orthotics, etc., etc.--which helped a little, but the pain was still there, especially if I tried to run or jump. I decided that I'd get strong instead and got right to work (Practical Programming novice program), making satisfactory progress in the first couple of weeks. (Squat 95x5x3=>165X5X3, thought I had some form issues with my back.). Then I caught the flu and was sedentary for a few days, during which my feet felt more or less fine. I started walking from place to place and lifting again once I got better--and they got worse. Just today, I saw a podiatrist who told me to get stiffer walking shoes and suggested that I lose weight as well. You can see how that last might be a problem. So, any tips?

Sorry for length, and thanks for your help!