starting strength gym

Thread: Evaluate my conditioning program

Default Evaluate my conditioning program

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm lifting 2x per week at the moment to concentrate more on conditioning for a bit.

This is about where I'm headed at the moment:
    Monday: Lift (Squats, Bench, Power Cleans, Chins)
    Conditioning (20-30 minutes including 5 2 minute intervals.
    Wednesday: Conditioning (20-30 minutes, 6-10 1 minute intervals, 1/2 mile interval).
    Thursday: Lift (Squats, Press, Deads)
    20 minutes of low to medium intensity steady state, usually on an incline.
    Weekend: 1+ hour long hike in the hills.

I walk for recovery between the intervals.

In addition, I try to get out at lunch time at work and walk for about 25 minutes.

I'd like to get my mile time back under 8 minutes and be able to do some long high altitude hikes this summer. I can run a half mile now at that pace, so yea!

I'm putting the program I was using on hold since it became clear I needed to work on some health issues and losing a bit of weight and conditioning seemed the best approach.

Thanks!

I hope it works for you, Wayno. How do you plan on increasing/progressing the lifts? Like standard 5 lbs jumps on squats, or maintaining? Have you started this program yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric K View Post
    I hope it works for you, Wayno. How do you plan on increasing/progressing the lifts? Like standard 5 lbs jumps on squats, or maintaining? Have you started this program yet?
    Thanks.
    I hope to make slow progress from where I'm at now but maintenance would be ok for a few weeks. Eventually I hope to get back to my 4 day split routine with conditioning on two of those days plus weekend adventures. Then I'll probably be making monthly progress.
    I may decide to lose another 5 lbs, depends on how things go (I'm 190lbs @ 5' 11" ).

I'm working on developing a S&C program for myself as well. It looks fairly similiar, I'll keep you posted on how it's going if you'd like. Maybe we can bounce ideas off each other and see how it pans out.

Sounds good.