starting strength gym

Thread: First squat form check

Smile First squat form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Any criticisms? Thanks!

Do you see how your knees spike forward right as you reach the very bottom position? You need to try and keep your knees fixed in place, over your toes, and not let them move forward like that. Start with that.

Thanks. I'll try shoving my ass back more to try and fix that.

How does my depth look? I'm not sure if I need to go down another inch or two...

The ground-up camera view is terrible for judging depth, but it looks deep enough.

My first post on here (I usually scan the site) and first critique but nobody else is saying it but you need yours knees out.

I can't tell if your foot position is any good though it looks like they may be pointed too far forward (hard to tell from angle). But your knees are sliding too far forward to achieve adequate depth because you are not pushing your knees out.

Cue the "knees out" and you should have no trouble achieving depth or getting strong. The book has some thing where you squat down without the bar and push your knees out to get a feel for appropriate position. Try some knees out practice without the bar and work into it with a bar on your back you will thank me when the weight gets heavy.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks Sutor! I'll make sure I push my knees out on my next workout and in the meantime I'll practise the squat stretch.