Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: einaras- Training Log

Default einaras- Training Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Born 1968

weight: 110 kg
    Height: 190 cm

I've been doing ss since the end of february. No experience with barbell training before that.

I have some form problems, mainly related to poor flexibility.

1. I stuggle to keep my wrist straight on the bar when squatting. When they flex, i get pain in my left elbow and upper arm.

2. I think I can keep my lower back reasonably flat when hips are below parallell in the bottom of the squat. When going very deep, lower back rounding seems to occur.

3. I have a somewhat exaggerated thoracal kyphosis. The chest up during deadlifts is difficult, and the upperback seems to round, although the lower back is not so bad. It could be simlpy a strength problem, and I use barbell rows from time to time to try to strengthen the upper back.

4. I recently tried PC, and the rack position is difficult for me. The rest of the movement is ok, I think. At least for a 43 year old newbie.

I work out three times a week, but due to work and family, I have to change days from week to week. I don't work out two days in a row, though. In between I do shoulder dislocations, hamstrings stretches and so forth. However, I am really inflexible.

Due to upper armproblems I stuggle with the LP on the pressing exercises. Hope for improvement.

3/31

OHP
    1x2x47.5
    1x3x45
    7x40.

last time 3x5x45, but failed this time. Tried to put the OHP before the squat, not escpecially effectful

Squat

3x5x 95 kg

Barbell rows
    8x3x60kg

I plan to go into the regurlar A-B-A-B schedule as soon as I improve my squat form, espescially the hand positioning.
    Last edited by einaras; 04-02-2011 at 05:49 AM.

Decided to start with squats today:

95kg x 5,4,5

I was focused on bar and hand positioning. Less pain in my left upper arm, but still not comfy. Bar didn't seem to be stable either and i think i pushed it a little higher.

Bench

Pain and discomfort when flexing in the left elbow made medecide to reduce weight

62,5 x5
    65x2x5

Ok, not worse in thearm afterwards.

DL
    Last time: 115x1x5 but felt that i didn't keep my back flat.
    Decided to go for more reps today
    55kgx 10
    75x5
    95 kgx 10.

Pain and form problems. Poor progress.

One day off due to work issues.

Today

pc:
    Wu hang cleans with 30 kg, jump shrug 55 kg

50 x5x3
    Don't feel ready to increase the load yet. Must work with the form

Squat

My lifting shoes are on repair. Decided to go for more reps and proper depth: 80 x 3x8

ohp
    Deloaded to 42,5

42,5x2x5 and one set of 8

Arm pulled a lot in the pcs and got some ppain in my left upper arm afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by einaras View Post
    Arm pulled a lot in the pcs and got some ppain in my left upper arm afterwards.
    Wu
    Squat: 82,5x3x8
    Severe pain in the left upper arm
    Bech: 60x7,5,6
    Deadlift: increased today 120x1x5

Shoes back next week, thwn I will go back to fivers

Wu 5 min jogging, 2x 15 back extensions, shoulder dislocations

Pc: only hang cleans today, form was very nice with 40 kg, but when i increased the weight to 50 kg, it was bad. Practiced the firs pull with the jump shrug with 55 kg. I guess 5x 3 x 55 kg are in reach, but due to the biceps problems I practce form with lighter weights.

Squat: no ĝifting shoes yet,82,5x 3x8

Pain in the left upper arm, but not as severe as last week. However, did not want to increase in the OHP

42,5x3x5

Shoes back.

Squat 87,5x3x5

Ok depth very focused on straight wrists. Pain in the left upper arm afterwards.

Bench
    The pain is really annoying and severly interfers with the benching. Today I had no spotter.
    62,5 x 7,5,5

DL

Wu
    60 x2x5
    70x1x5
    90x1x3

100x1x10

60x1x5

I am going for 125x5 next tine.

Squat 90x3x5

Felt easy, but painful in the left arm.

oHP
    45x3x5

PC

First ordinary wu with these in the program

50x5x3

Ok work out, but intense pain in the left upper arm afterwards. Cooling it down with ice right now.

Squat
    92.5x5x3

Bench
    65x5x3

DL
    125x5x1

Wo as planned. Less pain today. Squats fairly easy, but bench sets felt heavy. DL some rounding occured.

squat
    95x5x3

Press
    47.5x5x3

PC
    52.5x3x5

Overall ok. A little too timeconsuming. The pc form felt shitty, at least during the 3 lastwork set. I managedto rack the bar though.

My strength project is far from finished. I am planning to squat 150 kg and to bench 100kg, both with 5 reps. However, I need to reducesome weight and plan to ride my bike to and fro work 3x a week. When I reach 100/70 kgs I plan to reduce weight and hopefully maintain the strength. It will be in a week or two.

starting strength coach development program
    squat
    97,5 kg x 5 x3

one rep in the first and one in the second were not sufficiently deep. I lost momentum in the 3. rep in the first set and got scared. I accept this wo anyway and go for 100kg next time.

Bench
    67.5 kg x 5 x 3, 60 x 8 x 1

DL
    Last time 125 kg x 5 x 1, but felt some back rounding during the last reps. Tried for more reps now

110kgx10 x 1

the 5 or 6 first felt ok, some rounding during the last reps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast