starting strength gym

Thread: Programming Question

Default Programming Question

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I go to my school's gym, but they're only open on MTWT, so I can't exactly do a standard SS programming. Getting a normal gym membership right now isn't a viable option either. So I was wondering what other options are there (if any)? I need something to work with before I get a real gym membership during summer.

You can still do SS two days a week. It's not ideal, but it'll work.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementi View Post
    I go to my school's gym, but they're only open on MTWT, so I can't exactly do a standard SS programming. Getting a normal gym membership right now isn't a viable option either. So I was wondering what other options are there (if any)? I need something to work with before I get a real gym membership during summer.
    I guess doing squats and OHP/bench on monday and deads and chins on tuesday, repeating on thursday and friday could be one way to do it. You could also just lift twice a week.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgerfan View Post
    You can still do SS two days a week. It's not ideal, but it'll work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Daniel View Post
    I guess doing squats and OHP/bench on monday and deads and chins on tuesday, repeating on thursday and friday could be one way to do it. You could also just lift twice a week.
    Guess I'll do SS for two days and do some body weight stuff or cardio on Friday. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementi View Post
    Guess I'll do SS for two days and do some body weight stuff or cardio on Friday. Thanks guys.
    You could do a regular Monday (say Squat, Bench, Power Clean) then do a split on W and T. So Wednesday you could Press and Chin, and Thursday you could squat and deadlift. You might alternate the Wednesday and Thursday workouts to alternately allow more rest for squats and pressing.

This might not be bad at all especially if you play sports or want to work in conditioning as you progress. You could easily run short conditioning sessions on Monday and Thursday and play something on Saturday.