starting strength gym

Thread: Ladies S&C camp recap

Default Ladies S&C camp recap

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    WFAC recently hosted a Ladies Strength and Conditioning Starting Strength camp and while the attendance number didn’t reflect the interest generated, it was still a complete success. Melody from Dallas joined us and spent the entire day learning the basic lifts and did a fantastic job of it all. Prior to the last nine months of CrossFitting, she had never exercised a day in her life. The mother of two has decided that strength training is a major component that’s currently missing in her program and wanted to get expert coaching on the lifts to take back to her gym in Plano.

Melody did an excellent job at picking up the lifts and I feel very confident that she’ll be successful in implementing the squats/presses/deadlifts into her training. She’s very motivated to continue gaining weight and getting stronger which is refreshing. I’m sure she’s going to have a great impact on her fellow workout partners who may fear dedicated strength training due to “muscular misconceptions” that women tend to have. I’m also looking very forward to attending her first powerlifting meet in the next 6 months…sign up already Melody!

Our next Ladies camp will be a shorter, 3-4 hour session for those who may not be able to break away from their busy schedules for the entire day. Special thanks to Melody for coming up and for all of your hard work. I was a complete failure at grabbing some pictures so you’ll have to come back and train so we can get you up on our board of fame.

Just come back and train and let me know when your meet is.
    jp

Just one attendee D:?!

As usual, the point of the original post is missed.

jp

1 person or 100 people, anything you put on is gonna be a complete success, because you're a wealth of knowledge! Glad she was able to learn some stuff, jealous she had you all to herself! Lots of CF gyms in the Dallas metro area, been to a couple myself, including the one in Plano. It's great that more of the SS knowledge can be brought back to this area, hopefully it can make it's way through the CF gyms, and down into the corporate gyms as well.

Definitely looking forward to a pulling seminar, I think the seminars offer so much, and even though I'm not a lady...thanks for continuing to hold them! =)

Thanks so much Juli, I learned so much from you and I'm really motivated and inspired. I really appreciate getting some clear guidance too. I've been lifting and opting out of WODs all week. First time I haven't been in some sort of daily pain for months. The gym is awesome and I'll be back as soon as I can. I'm for sure attending the seminar in august.