starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fat Shit to 90s Small to 70s BIG!!!

Default Fat Shit to 90s Small to 70s BIG!!!

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Day I

ALRIGHT!!!

Great way to start the fuckin' thread I think.

Now sure, in theory my journey I've laid out has noooo fucking business on this forum.

But the fact is, THIS is the company I want to keep... guys who'll tell you when you're being a pussy but know how to tell a pussy when they see one as well.

Decent guys who lift, essentially.

Now what I want to do more than just about anything is get all big and strong, hench, if you will.

However, I am a bit of a fat shit at 6'0" and 240 lbs with a 46" waist, fully relaxed around the button.

I'm not an idiot, but I've been in kind of a rut. Now... I'm not in a rut and I'm taking positive steps because I choose to get this shit done!

So here it is... I'm not going to do Novice Linear Progression just yet. I'm going to drop the excessive fat first.

Why? Because I want to make the very best gains I can whilst in my novice phase, you can all appreciate this I think. This means eating big... and there's so much confusion over losing fat while doing LP that I've just put it aside for now and getting the fat gone so it's a non-issue.

I'll be doing the Rapid Fat Loss diet by Lyle McD.

I'm choosing to do the diet for 12 weeks, and according to Lyle's recommendations I will take one diet break after six and will allow for 2 free meals per week.

A free meal allows some starchy carbs. Not a lot... but some... 50gor so.

The diet break is 1-2 weeks of 'normal' eating. I'll cross the bridge when I come to it.

I'm going to start on Sunday 24th April 2011.

Why am I putting it off?

Well I'm not entirely. I've been cleaning up the diet over the past couple of days and walking up the hill near me for a little over an hour each day. Like I said, I'm out of the rut and getting my life back on track.

I return home tomorrow and need to meet my girlfriend for breakfast beforehand, since we've been arguing for about a week. Hopefully we'll make up.

Tomorrow night also I will be seeing friends and drinking.

Saturday I want to spend the day with the family and maybe one 'farewell' meal. We'll see, but I want to start at mignight Sunday and carry on through.

Exercise will consist of some walking, maybe calisthenics, but probably not.

I want to make it clear though that I think 90s small is faggy, in the bad way, not the homosexual way. It's not what I want but I might get close to it depending on how I feel at the time... never done it before, might have a go.

But the end goal is 70s big. Like a Man is supposed to be.... with the option of going 50s big if the mood strikes.

Because at the outset I'm still a vain mother fucker... although yesterday I walked the pooch while letting my gut hang out. Until I saw a woman.

So there it is...

That's the plan.

Rapid Fat Loss for 12 weeks.

Walking most days for about an hour.

I'll be updating every single day if and when I can... which should be every single day.

I've made my choice. And as I press 'Submit New Thread', I commit to it.

Here goes....

good luck. If your first post is any indication it will be entertaining regardless

Dan John, Lyle McDonald, Paul Carter and many others suggest leaning down before bulking. It's something I've always regretted not doing. Good luck, hope everything works out

Fuck... just realised I spelled midnight as mignight...

Hey thanks fellas, that's cool.

It's something I've tried to avoid but with all the changes I'm making, I realise that being a fat shit makes me miserable and when I'm miserable I'm no good in my work or to my baby girl... I love her but I'm not my best when I feel this way so I owe it to her as well as myself to get this squared away.

Baby girl is what I call my girlfriend sometimes, by the way so if at any point I say something along the lines of 'Now I weigh 45 lbs less I can fuck my baby girl better than I thought possible'.... just refer back to this post and clear up any confusion with my lexicon and particular parlance and such.

I just wanted to add as well that the diet break of a week or so is essentially upping the protein to 200g or so (I'm suggested to eat 150g for the diet now) and adding 100g of carbs per day into the mix, but that's a long ways off.

And also SHIT! Has anyone even fucking SEEN Robert De Niro in Cape Fear?

You know I quite like the guy, think he's cool and all, but fuck Brad Pitt. He don't know prison strong like Bobby D!!

Just watching it now... it's quite good.

Ah... one other thing.

I think it's also important that I mention something now that you might pick up on later. I'm basically revolving my life now around the power of choice, which is something I think the vast majority of us overlook.

None of what I say in this is going to radiate a feeling of 'have to' or 'supposed to' or 'must do'... none of that repressing shit.

I'll use the terms 'suggest', 'recommend' and 'some other examples that I'll think of when it isn't 2:41 am'.

I'll speak in a manner of 'I choose to...' as in "I choose to go for a walk today"... or "I choose to make up the protein recommendations with chicken and a little cheese"

The whole concept is quite incredible... thanks go to Dr. Neil Fiore.

It's something to do with the psychology of your 3 year old and 6 year old self... but mostly its about 'fuck being told what to do... do what you WANT to do'.

It's powerful stuff, empowering too.

Like I don't have to lose weight to be attractive and I don't have to lose weight before I work on my LP.

But I do choose to slim down beforehand because I WANT to be less of a fatty fat shit once I'm hench.

I also want to be hench... but I don't think I have to. In fact I don't have to.

Try it out... or don't, I don't fuckin' care :-)

Goodnight sirs!

WOOH!!

Day II

Alright... So Day II consisted of making up with my lady friend successfully and travelling and then drinking.

So far today I've been seeing family however we're also looking at how to put together the first week of meals.

I need to eat 150g of protein each day which I'm going to stick into one meal per day because... that's generally the way I like to work.

Cold coffee in the morning to get me started (wakes me, gives me a little boost and suppresses the appetite... and helps you shit better).
    Last edited by Toniy; 04-25-2011 at 06:07 AM.

Day III

Something awful has happened... I just realised that tomorrow is easter, which means chocolate eggs and bbq... but traditional english family bbq which means less meat and more... everything else.

I feel pretty bad about it, but I think starting on monday is the way forward... I mean do you really want to look like an anti social arsehole on your very first day (when I was the one who helped buy all the shit?)

Any thoughts?

Just have fun eating your easter meal and resume your diet after. The key is to not think of it as any sort of failure, because then all sorts of other fucked up psychological stuff happens.

Check out this podcast interview with Lyle where he discusses this topic: http://realitybasedfitness.wordpress...lyle-mcdonald/

DAY IV

You're not wrong... thanks for that link man.

That's the thing though... that's really kind of important. I'm being a hell of a lot more relaxed with the approach now. Part of the procrastination thing is folks feeling like they need to do everything 'perfectly' rather than 'humanly'. They'll give up at the first sign of fuck up, and it's not about that. Totally ignoring the 80% rule.

So it was a nice day, family is well, bbq didn't work so we grilled the meat instead. Not bad in a pinch.

But it did leave me feeling like a bloaty bastard... depite not having eaten that much. Seriously.

So that's it over... we can finally start with Day 1 !!

Default Day 1

starting strength coach development program
    So it's begun.

I woke up this morning thinking 'I'm hungry... shit', but not to worry, I had a cold coffee I prepared the night before (try it).

So I'm set til the end of the day when I'm able to have my meal... 150g of protein, some kind of green vegetable, and 10g of fish oil. In fact I'll have the fish oil for breakfast.

Awesome.

Weighed in at 246 this morning using a different set of scales on a different floor... so who knows what's happening there. MAYBE I got fatter. Maybe it doesn't matter.

For tonight I'm feeling a Pork Salad...

OH MY GOD... if you dudes can come up with interesting and fatless / carbless ways of enhancing meat then you gotta let me know, I'd love that!

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast