starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Power Clean form check

Default Power Clean form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Sorry for bad angle, i will get a better angle 2morrow hopefully
    Last edited by randyyle; 05-04-2011 at 08:52 PM.

You gotta stop pulling with your arms bent like that.

jump

Quote Originally Posted by MikeC1 View Post
    You gotta stop pulling with your arms bent like that.
    Aren't my arms straight in the first pull ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon View Post
    jump
    I read somewhere it was a 'calf raise' motion but i see alot of people jump and alot of people calf raise, i will try jumping 2morrow, would be weird for me though, just gotta get use to it

They have to stay straight through the entire pull (and by pull I mean '1st' and '2nd' pull to use that terminology). They shouldn't bend at any point before you start dropping to receive the bar, and if you watch your video you'll see that you are in fact pulling with your arms very early.

There is no calf raise, (there is no shrug or double knee bend either) and if you're consciously thinking about it then stop.

I feel like I am doing the same as you, arms bent as if doing a bent over row and hip drive with little or no jump (or calf raise) as you put it. It's very awkward to do but keep at it, read the book over also. I think i'll post a form check this friday to compare, but i'm certain our forms are very similar. We need work, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeC1 View Post
    They have to stay straight through the entire pull (and by pull I mean '1st' and '2nd' pull to use that terminology). They shouldn't bend at any point before you start dropping to receive the bar, and if you watch your video you'll see that you are in fact pulling with your arms very early.

There is no calf raise, (there is no shrug or double knee bend either) and if you're consciously thinking about it then stop.
    Wait, what i always thought you bend your arm when it hits just abit below the middle of your thigh, I also do the 'calf raising' motion for the hip thrusting movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Prado View Post
    I feel like I am doing the same as you, arms bent as if doing a bent over row and hip drive with little or no jump (or calf raise) as you put it. It's very awkward to do but keep at it, read the book over also. I think i'll post a form check this friday to compare, but i'm certain our forms are very similar. We need work, lol.
    ohk, post that video 2morrow while i post mine 2morrow

Quote Originally Posted by randyyle View Post
    Wait, what i always thought you bend your arm when it hits just abit below the middle of your thigh, I also do the 'calf raising' motion for the hip thrusting movement.
    Well, you were wrong. Now you know.

So on the 2nd pull i don't flare out my arms like a upright row motion ?

starting strength coach development program
    Hmm, I tried to be as unambiguous as possible. No, you should not flare out your arms like an upright row motion during the 2nd pull. Get it out of your head.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast