starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alex's (?) SS Log

Default Alex's (?) SS Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello everybody! First post here also as you see. This log is mainly for keeping track of the amounts of weight I'm lifting and my progress over the weeks. Perhaps I'll put some youtube vid of my lifts later aswell... I thought this was a good site for keeping a log on, lots of smart people around here!

Some stats: 16 year old swed, 77 kg ( 170 lbs), 178 cm ( about 5'10"), haven't checked my bodyfat but I reckon that its about 13 % at the moment. Don't know my maxes in the three big but at the moment I'm horribly weak...

I tend to get sick usually and that ruins all progression in weighlifting. At the moment I'm coming back from an 2 week long flu, sore throat, fever etc. But now hopefully, I'm going to become big and strong !

Day 1: 2011-05-30

Squats: 55 x 5 x 3 (120 lbs)

Bench Press: 45 x 5 x 3 (100 lbs)

Deadlift: 75 x 5 x 3 (165 lbs)

Thoughts: Good first workout. But I'm having a tendency to have the weight on the feet too far back while squatting, sometimes I nearly fall back. What is causing this?

Workout 2: 2011-06-01

Squats: 60 x 5 x 3 (130 lbs)

Press: 32.5 x 5 x 3 (70 lbs)

Power Clean: 40 x 5 x 3 (90 lbs)

Thoughts: LINK TO MY SQUATS : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raPd32f6bk4

I have a tendency of loosing my lumbar arch at the bottom of my squat, so I read up on it and tried to spread my knees as hard as I could. Though still I have got some "butt-wink". And my depth on the squats aren't so good either. If I try to go lower than in the video I totally loose my lumbar arch...

I'd be glad if somebody could help me with my squats in the right direction !

I think the reason for your butt wink might be your bar position. At the start of the rep, you're looking down and your shoulders look like they're rounded forward. Lean over more, but keep your chest up imo.

Quote Originally Posted by denbrkln View Post
    I think the reason for your butt wink might be your bar position. At the start of the rep, you're looking down and your shoulders look like they're rounded forward. Lean over more, but keep your chest up imo.
    Never really put any thoughts about the bar position, good observation! But still, aren't you supposed to be looking down? I thought rippetoe adviced on doing so. But yeah, I get your point, it doesnt look like my chest is expanded at all. Will think about that next time.

Workout 3: 2011-06-03

Squats: 65 x 5 x 1 (145 lbs)

Bench Press: 50 x 5 x 3 (110 lbs)

Deadlift: 90 x 5 x 1 (180 lbs)

Yeah, weird workout I know, moving on.... Backing the weight on the squats to work on form.

Workout 4: 2011-06-06

Squats: 50 x 5 x 3 (110 lbs)

Press: 37.5 x 5 x 3 (85 lbs)

Power Clean: 45 x 5 x 3 (100 lbs)

Workout 5: 2011-06-08

Late update I know...

Squats: 55 x 5 x 3 (110 lbs)

Bench Press: 55 x 5 x 3 (110 lbs)

Deadlift: 80 x 5 x 1 (175 lbs)
    Did some maxing because I was going for a mini-holiday over the weekend: 120 x 1 x 1 (265 lbs) Really nice!

I did my Workout 6 at a hotel "gym". Some treadmills, a crosstrainer and a multistation-machine. Well I did some lat pulldowns, some "chestpresses" and..... Well it's not even worth describing

Havent updated with my Workout 7 as I have managed to catch a fever. I HATE not being able to do my workouts, but I guess I will have to wait it all out -.-

Anyways, are you supposed to repeat the first workout that you missed while being sick?

STARTING OVER AGAIN

Been sick for two weeks now with an extremely sore throat, and yes eating was very hard. So I've lost some weight and weigh in at about 160 lbs now.

Starting over with the routine again since I feel I need to start with low weights and work on my technique. During my sick-time I reread Starting Strength two times and found that I'd been doing stuff wrong. So hopefully I'll be able to correct the errors and gain some strength now finally,...

Workout 1: 2011-06-20

Squats: 40 x 5 x 3 (90 lbs)

Bench Press: 40 x 5 x 3 (90 lbs)

Deadlift: 50 x 5 x 1 (110 lbs)

Workout 2: 2011-06-22

Squats: 50 x 5 x 3 (110 lbs)

Press: 30 x 5 x 3 (65 lbs)

Power Clean: Worked on technique

Chins: Bwx4
    Bwx3
    Bwx3

Notes: Conditioning isn't good, at all. I'm very exhausted when I get to the pulls... Well well, time to get very strong and very houuuuuuuuge!

GL, man, I hate getting sick. Once the muscles feel some weight on them again, though, you'll be back to up speed in about a week from personal experience. I keep getting injured/sick too and I know how annoying it is.

Quote Originally Posted by denbrkln View Post
    GL, man, I hate getting sick. Once the muscles feel some weight on them again, though, you'll be back to up speed in about a week from personal experience. I keep getting injured/sick too and I know how annoying it is.
    Yup true, it sucks so hard not being able to lift dem weights

Workout 1: 2011-06-20

Squats: 60 x 5 x 3 (130 lbs)

Bench Press: 45 x 5 x 3 (100 lbs)

Deadlift: 65 x 5 x 1 (145 lbs)

Notes: The squats have surprisingly cleaned up themselves by adding some weight to the bar, kinda fixed my problems with pelvis tucking. Also, I hate alcohol.

starting strength coach development program
    Workout 4: 2011-06-28 (Tuesday, had to postpone a workout)

Squats: 65 x 5 x 3 (145 lbs)

Press: 35 x 5 x 3 (80 lbs)

Power Clean: 40 x 1 x 3 (90 lbs)

Chins: Bwx4
    Bwx3
    Bwx3

Notes: Ran out of time so had to stop the workout before my pc's were done. Did some chins instead at the end. Good workout.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast