starting strength gym
Page 1 of 105 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Carlos Daniel's equipped powerlifting log: lifting heavy with funny clothing

Default Carlos Daniel's equipped powerlifting log: lifting heavy with funny clothing

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I think it's time I start posting where I belong. I'm currently training for a geared powerlifting meet. It's the only full meet happening in the near future here in Brazil so I'll have to play the game and wear a squat suit and whatnot. The date: November 27th.

Stats as of 18/07/2011:

Height: 5'7"
    BW: 183
    Squat: 440x1 (with wraps)
    Bench: 265x1 (Raw)
    Deadlift: 440x1 (Raw)
    OHP: 185x1

I will compete at the 198 class. I don't feel like I'm underweight with my current weight but I want to grow more. I'll try to get to 200 or a little more until the day of the meet.

I'll probably be training with a TM setup:

Monday
    squat 5x5 (with wraps)
    bench 5x5 (raw)
    accessory stuff (currently doing Kroc rows)

Wednesday
    OHP 3x5
    Weighted chins

Friday
    Maybe singles or doubles with the squat suit. Probably wraps too.
    A triple on the bench. I should probably get a bench shirt for this but I don't have one yet.
    A triple on the deadlift.
    Last edited by Carlos Daniel; 07-18-2011 at 08:32 PM.

Monday

General impression: Hard session. Solid but hard. First time in a long time since I did 5x5 on the squat. Elbow 100% probably due to me switching to high-bar squats.

Squat

335x5x5

Well, it was hard. Damn wraps hurt. I was considering taking it easy with 315 but I felt like a pussy for squatting so little so I upped the weight a little bit. High-bar agrees much better with my elbows but I don't like my form doing them. I almost fell back twice because of the different form and longer lever arm. I'm doing a wide-ish stance high-bar squat with plenty of lean forward, not an olympic squat. I'll have to get better at this.

Bench

215x5x5

Kinda hard but ok. Technique wasn't 100% on the first set but improved on the last 4 ones.

Kroc rows

42kg (92 lbs) x 15
    42kg x 10

I'm really starting to like those.
    Last edited by Carlos Daniel; 07-18-2011 at 09:31 PM.

You must be REALLY desperate to out lift me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marotta View Post
    You must be REALLY desperate to out lift me.
    Why would you think such a thing?[/sarcasm] If I do happen to outlift you, it will be with wraps and probably a squat suit, so it won't be exactly fair.

I have a crappy sideways video for all of you to check out if interested. My buddy filmed it and uploaded it to some place and I can't download it to edit it, sorry.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26362340/201...-40-56_978.3gp

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Daniel View Post
    I have a crappy sideways video for all of you to check out if interested. My buddy filmed it and uploaded it to some place and I can't download it to edit it, sorry.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26362340/201...-40-56_978.3gp
    Crazy Brazilian... that's just literally a link to the video file. Right click on it and "save as..." if you want to DL (unless you mean that you don't have the time or equipment to download it because you're working from your phone right now or something in which case, never mind). My Android phone produces these .3gp videos too. Windows Movie Maker seems to handle it ok on my Win 7 box for basic editing. That's all i know about them.

nice lifts fellow 5'7 dude. if i don't die in the next 2 mos., i will be competing in a geared meet also but i'm only training rawsauce(no,no,no) since it's my coach who owns the equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by veryhrm View Post
    Crazy Brazilian... that's just literally a link to the video file. Right click on it and "save as..." if you want to DL (unless you mean that you don't have the time or equipment to download it because you're working from your phone right now or something in which case, never mind). My Android phone produces these .3gp videos too. Windows Movie Maker seems to handle it ok on my Win 7 box for basic editing. That's all i know about them.
    Ok, this is weird but now I see what may have happened. My friend passed me the link by means of facebook, when I clicked and "saved as" it showed a .php (!) file. Maybe links from facebook messages work different, who knows. I'll edit it, thanks for the heads up.
    Last edited by Carlos Daniel; 07-20-2011 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by simonsky View Post
    nice lifts fellow 5'7 dude. if i don't die in the next 2 mos., i will be competing in a geared meet also but i'm only training rawsauce(no,no,no) since it's my coach who owns the equipment.
    I don't follow you, your coach owns the squat suit or something and this is why you can't use it? I'm confused.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Daniel View Post
    I don't follow you, your coach owns the squat suit or something and this is why you can't use it? I'm confused.
    oh yeah. i train by myself but when meet time comes, i'm part of his team.

Page 1 of 105 1231151101 ... LastLast