starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squat check

Default Squat check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    http://youtu.be/4NRgXZ4QLY4

This is the third set at 117.5 (also my first posted clip here). Sorry I don't know how to embed it.
    Last edited by xcardiobunny; 08-16-2011 at 08:32 PM. Reason: erase meaningless code

Your weight is coming up on your toes in the bottom, causing your knees to go too far forward.

Don't you hate when people touch the plates on your rack when you're squatting?

Quote Originally Posted by Marotta View Post
    Your weight is coming up on your toes in the bottom, causing your knees to go too far forward.

Don't you hate when people touch the plates on your rack when you're squatting?
    Okay, I'll watch that, wonder if fatigue made it worse. Yeah, not only did she do that but she was offering verbal support too. I felt kind of bad ignoring her but really had to concentrate.
    Last edited by xcardiobunny; 08-16-2011 at 09:15 PM.

Can't tell if you're wearing shoes with a heel, but they definitely help. Your grip seems to be really, really narrow too. Other than that I don't see much wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Marotta View Post
    Can't tell if you're wearing shoes with a heel, but they definitely help. Your grip seems to be really, really narrow too. Other than that I don't see much wrong.
    Thank-you. I wear Converse/ Chucks to lift, haven't made the leap to real lifting shoes yet. My grip is narrow because I'm trying to get my back muscles tight enough to keep the bar off my spine but could experiment with a wider grip.

It’s hard to tell from the angle/quality of that clip and the way your pants hide your shoes, but your stance may be a bit narrow, and it looks like your toes aren’t turned out enough. Try widening the stance an inch or two, make sure your toes are turned out about 40 degrees or so, and shove your knees out and sit back as you descend.

Quote Originally Posted by spar View Post
    It’s hard to tell from the angle/quality of that clip and the way your pants hide your shoes, but your stance may be a bit narrow, and it looks like your toes aren’t turned out enough. Try widening the stance an inch or two, make sure your toes are turned out about 40 degrees or so, and shove your knees out and sit back as you descend.
    Thank-you spar. The session before this I failed a rep and had a wider stance, also read somewhere that narrowing the stance can help hip drive which influenced me. I thought that was one of the suggested angles to aim for on these clips and yes the camera does suck. A guy offered to be my cameraman today, maybe I should have taken him up on it. Here is the fail vid, but it is even worse as far as angle goes, you basically have to watch me in the mirror so don't look if it will annoy you :-)

http://youtu.be/lPvNB3fDuKE

Yeah, I can’t tell much from that clip. If you get a chance to take someone up on an offer to help record, do it, and try to get side view as well as rear view.

Quote Originally Posted by xcardiobunny View Post
    My grip is narrow because I'm trying to get my back muscles tight enough to keep the bar off my spine but could experiment with a wider grip.
    You seem comfortable with that grip, though. Are you experiencing any pain from it? Do you feel that the bar is unstable on your back?

starting strength coach development program
    Exquisitely delicious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast