Thread: WFAC Recap

Default WFAC Recap

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Pre-recap pictures...more to follow.

jp
    Attached Images Attached Images

This past weekend’s Starting Strength seminar at WFAC started with a great coaches table setting (see below); plenty of coffee; and a sold out crowd. We had familiar faces from San Antonio, who we met at our recent Liberty Open weightlifting meet this summer. I quickly put Rob to work so special thanks to him for always jumping up and asking what I need help with. I usually gush a bit about the host gym and the awesome host and how they spoiled us all weekend but, it was Rip’s gym, and me. So it was the best. Duh!

It seems like with each seminar, more and more women want to learn about strength training and coaching, it’s awesome. Many of you will recognize ‘Melody’ from the forum, who also comes to train regularly at WFAC and fine tuned her lifts and worked really hard on increasing her coaching skills. Jessica received two of Rip’s books and the seminar from her hubby who sent her all the way from California. Steph brought her hubby Christian and they’re already planning a return trip from Dallas to WFAC to train. Look forward to seeing you guys again. There were many others that did a great job and are sure to be great role models as coaches and those who strength train.

We also had quite the international contingent as Nico, traveling America all summer on holiday from Switzerland came back for the weekend and did a great job. Carter, James, whatever you want to call him stopped in during his whirlwind wedding/honeymoon/wedding party months here in the US who usually calls Essex his home. It was fun getting a “how to cuss as unoffensively as possible” lesson from him. For example, when you ask a Brit what their current deadlift is, it’s pretty cool when they say, “Oh, Fuckall.” Fun indeed. James also told a good story about the first time he told his, now, wife to “fuckoff” not thinking it was a big deal. Obviously they figured it out because he’s in the midst of three wedding parties. Congrats James!

You also get a glimpse of WBC's toe. So when we say, "Now drop the bar and catch it in the hang position" during the power clean platform; we actually mean CATCH the bar. Or at the very least, get the hellz out of the way!

There were so many of you that worked hard and contributed to the weekend, we’d love to hear your comments or see some of your pictures. Please continue to keep us posted on your lifting and coaching progress and if you’re within a drive to WFAC, come see us, eh?

jp
    Attached Images Attached Images

Although the platform evaluations are super top secret, I think I can safely divulge that lifting wardrobe is part of the criteria. I'd like to congratulate the weekend's highest scorer, in my opinion, Josiah "Wolfpack!", followed closely by Robin Hood: "Matt" in Tights. Excellent work gentleman!

Woop woop! Wolf shirt adds at least 20 lbs to the squat. Matt's tights were pretty sweet. No pictures of the tights though? Maybe the internet isn't ready for that. Haha. Was a good weekend guys. Had a great time getting to know everyone.

My ass looks big when I squat! Rad.
    I had so much fun and learned so much. Thanks to everyone for the hard work and the beers . Can't wait to get back up to WF. I will be bringing Steph and Christian with me for sure.