starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form check.

Default Deadlift form check.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I know you cant see my feet, but from reading ss I believe they are okay. Just checking back and hips. almost lost grip on 1st rep. 5x3 265 I know week
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2NXb647R_k
    Last edited by spartskis; 08-19-2011 at 05:04 AM.

Your video is private, we can't see it.

It looks pretty good to me. You are keeping your back extended, and it looks like the bar is prett much traveling up your legs (it is hard to see at the bottom).

I would try investing in a belt if you can. That will probably help you lift a little more weight too.

Great progress, keep at it!

Fixed the private sorry bout that. Thanks callador. It feels like I round my back but not seeing it and no pain. Just wanted to check. Thanks

Agreed, not too bad.

First rep hips rise before the bar moves, next 2 are much better.

Bending the knees too soon when lowering the bar, forcing it to loop forward around the knees. Break hips first on the way down, bend knees when bar passes knees.

I wouldn't necessarily get a belt so soon. Looks like you're using double over hand grip (hard to see, but I'm fairly sure - glimpse of the right hand on the descent of the first rep) If so, try switching to alternate grip. (DOH for warmups) If you're anything like me, the same weight will feel LIGHT once you make the switch. (And weights you can't get past the knees DOH will fly up)

starting strength coach development program
    Yeah, watch breaking at the knees too easily. You are making the bar hit them on the way down currently.