starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift Form / Redlight Check

Default Deadlift Form / Redlight Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Sorry about the fairly bad vid quality --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a0ei...e_gdata_player

This is a 1RM attempt for me, and I'm not sure whether to technically "count" it. I DID get the bar locked out with back extended (or it seemed I did as I lifted it).

I'm less sure whether I was bracing the bar against my quads to get the bar up just prior to lockout.

Any powerlifters here? Would this get redlighted at an APF / AAPF meet? (I am training for an AAPF meet in late October, it is deadlift and bench press only)

Maybe the bar is a bit too far from your shins?

Hmm, perhaps. I make a conscious effort to get "set", and THEN bend my legs so that the bar physically touches my shin for the lift off the floor.

Meanwhile, I try to have the bar at the "halfway point" over the foot.

I don't do DL, but when setting for say Clean, I always bend legs and set my body first, then roll bar towards my shins that they are actually touching them. The rest is obvious.. :-).

Congratz on PR!

Doesnt even look like you tried to set your back just bend over and pull which is still impressive bc of weight but its also a nice way to fuck up your back

starting strength coach development program
    It's hard to tell, but you don't want to get "red-lighted" for hitching. If the bar stops and you move forward and back to pull it up, a judge could say it was a bad lift. One thing you can do to help for sure is to wear something that fits tighter (like the singlet you will wear in competition) and use some baby powder on your legs. A little less friction would probably make it that much easier at the top.