starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Springfield, MO Seminar!!!

Default Springfield, MO Seminar!!!

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Just wanted to invite you all out to the Starting Strength Seminar in Springfield, MO, on November 4-6, at STRONG Gym, Springfield MO.

I am a Starting Strength Seminar coach/staff member and I also own STRONG Gym and I am doing absolutely everything I can to make this THE best training/learning/coaching experience of your life.

Training and coaching have been a huge part of my life for 15 years now - and I say this with all the sincerety in the world; that I learned vastly more in the 3 day seminar from Rip and Seminar crew than anything else I've ever been a part of. The lecture, platform coaching, training, and overall experience are absolutely out of this world! Rip is BETTER in person than he is online, in his books, etc. He's brilliant, quick, funny, and absolutely wont let you down.

However, I also want to invite you to come to the Springfield for several reasons...1) The weather is AMAZING here in early November. Its beautiful and a super nice city - very upper middle class with great hotels, restaurants, bars,shopping, etc. I will do whatever I can to help you book a great hotel close to the gym for CHEAP, I'll (or someone from my gym) will provide transportation services to and from the airport, hotel, etc, to the seminar.

We have two large airports (the Springfield airport (2 min from gym and the Branson airport (just 40 min away). We are also only 3 hours from St Louis. 2.5 hours from Tulsa,. 2.5 hours frmo KC, 4 hours from Little Rock, 5.5 hours from Dallas and 5.5 from Memphis.

Shoot me a PM if interested or if you need help booking flights, hotel, etc. I want to do whatever I can to make your trip to see Rip and attend the Seminar as enjoyable as possible.

Matt Reynolds

For those thinking about showing up, do it. It's worth it.

I'll be there. Can't wait.

Matt's a great guy, and has an amazing group of lifters at his gym. If you're thinking about this seminar, you should do it.

I teach and go to grad school in Rolla, MO. But fuck that's a lot of money for me : /

My birthday is November 4. If y'all would like to chip in to send me to Springfield for my birthday, I won't argue.

Just a thought on the money...I'm a public school teacher. I don't make much money at all. And I've never taken a single dollar from my gym, STRONG. So I make a VERY modest living - very middle class, nothing extravigant at all. And I'll say this, ANYONE could go to a STARTING STRENGTH seminar. Its just an issue of priority.

We are still a couple months away, and just about anyone could work to earn $795, or put it on credit for now, or whatever you have to do, because I'll tell you this...it is absolutely worth it. At the end of the seminars, we have everyone fill out satisfaction questionaires. In all the seminars I coach, I have NEVER seen, not even one time, ANYONE put that it wasn't worth the money. Not once. As a matter of fact, after I went to my first seminar (where I was just an attendee, not a coach) - my mind was totally blown. I have as much background in strength training as any 32 year old I've ever met. I've coached thousands of athletes/people, been fairly accomplished as a lifter myself (as an elite-qualification powerlifter and won my pro card in strongman), I've read just about every book ever written on the subject, and STILL I came away with more PRACTICAL info/ knowledge? and coaching ability than in my previous 15 years of reading and researching strength.

The ONLY thing the seminar can't provide is time/experience as a coach. But with the knowledge you gleen from the seminar, you'll see things differently in the weight room - and you're coaching and own personal training will be VASTLY improved.

What's ~$800 if you are ten times the coach you were before the seminar?? Won't that money come back to you ten-fold? What's ~$800 worth to your own training experience if it DRIVES you to get truly stronger, hit PRs, and be HEALTHY?? Just the biomechanics of the lifts ALONE is worth more than $800, learning how to do the lifts properly, in a way that won't tear your body up and will allow you lift efficiently and effectively (and coach your lifters in the same manner). If it saves you from having even one major injury, its clearly worth the money.

So its your call. Please understand that I don't get paid any more $$ if 10 show up or 25, and the coaching stipend I get goes to my gym anyway to help make us better - it doesn't go into my pocket - I just want as many people as possible to have the training and coaching experience of their lives for this seminar in my hometown and my gym. I'll guarantee you that you'll be happy you spent the money. And I'll do everything I can as a host to make sure your experience is unlbelieveable.

Matt

PS - Tbone - your drinks are on me Saturday night when we all go out. :-)

TBone, it would be awesome if you could be there.

Well, my issue isn't that I think that $795 is expensive for the seminar. I think it is worth much, much more than that.

My issue is that I've already been to the SS Seminar. Twice.

And to Rip and Moser's Oly Seminar at WFAC.

And I'm going to Steve's Squat Camp in Atlanta in a few weeks.

I just want to go to Matt's gym .

I'm not sure that fact helps me get there for this particular seminar, though, haha.

starting strength coach development program
    And...I'll be there, too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast