starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form check

Default Deadlift form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Week #8 of Starting Strength, figured I'd let some of you guys critique my deadlift.
    This was my work set for the day (and PR) at 265lbs. I switched from double overhand last week; I still do all the other warmup sets with DOH grip.
    I'm sure there's some things wrong with it, so fire away!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYWo1O-KGj8
    Last edited by Captivate; 09-23-2011 at 07:37 PM.

While you are keeping your back in extension your shoulders are not infront of the bar , and your scapula, bar, and midfoot do not line up, kinda squatting the weight up instead of pulling...just need to lean over some

As you start the pull you lean over and your shoulders go in front of the bar were they should be...you need to have that position from the start but your doing a good job keeping a big chest

considering you deadlift more than me I don't think it's right for me to tell you what you're doing right and wrong, however, this post should help you: http://startingstrength.com/resource...468#post182468

mattciupak hits the nail on the head. First and foremost, you need to set up correctly, and you are not doing do. Follow the link in matt's post, learn to set up properly, and then take another video. Matt JD is correct in his observation of your shoulders, but the reason you're doing it is your poor set-up.

This is wrong dead lifting, but wrong in an interesting and informative way as it illustrates what Rip says about pulling position.