starting strength gym

Thread: Right tricep pain when benching

Default Right tricep pain when benching

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Il start with the obligatory as kissing I love the program it saved me from a life of endless curls. Now coach when ever I go heavy on the bench I get a sharp pain in my right tricep right above my elbow. It starts as soon as I begin to lift the weight back to lock out at the top of the movement. It does not persist after I finish benching but at the time it hurts and feels like the muscle is ripping apart. Do you have any suggestions as to what it could be I'm worried that I'm going to try to lift one day and my tricep is gonna rip clean off

Pain is so damn subjective an experience. "Ripping off the bone" to you might be a minor ache to me. I think this explains most cases of "fibromyalgia". Shit sometimes hurts when you train. Get it massaged and ask the therapist if he feels a lesion in the tissue.

Would a lesion on the muscle cause such a specific pain when lifting or would it be there all the time?

It varies with the lesion.

Thanks for the advice il get a physio to have a look at it.

starting strength coach development program
    Little update benched again to day first heavy set got the usual pain but second set I made a conscious effort to keep my wrists in line with my forearm the weight seemed more manageable and the pain was not present. I guess it's all down to poor technique.