starting strength gym

Thread: Robbie1512 vs Mr. Gravity ROUND 2

Default Robbie1512 vs Mr. Gravity ROUND 2

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Have just spent the week working out where I'm at. Currently, can do all reps & sets with good form with the following weights, but they are difficult and anymore and
    things start coming apart:

Squats - 75kg, 165lbs
    Dead - 82.5kg, 180lbs
    Bench - 70kg, 155lbs
    Rows - 40-45kg, 88-100lbs
    Press - I didn't check because it is my white elephant but prob around 37.5kg, 80lbs
    Dips - BW + 10kg, 192lbs total
    Chins - BW + 1.25kg, 172lbs total

I'm going to start SS on Monday next week. My short term goals are:

+15-20kg on all lifts by 15th December
    +5kg bw
    Similar bf% around 15-17% (I have finally decided I can accept some but I would rather stay the same)

Have spent the last few days testing how much I can eat, the average day has been

0700 Breakfast - 3 rashers bacon, 2 tbs yogurt + either an egg or leaves
    1000 Smoko - Protein shake, nuts & fruit or veggies & peanut butter
    1230-1300 Lunch - Dead animal & salad or leftovers
    1500-1600 Pre workout on lift days - Protein shake and/or cup milk
    1900 Dinner - Dead animal & vegetables/salad & sweet potato
    2100 Snack - Dark chocolate cube / cup milk

Lets see how we go

Went to the gym today. Some knob was doing seated shoulder press behind the head in the squat rack when I got there. Every part of me wanted to slap his face but I just waited on the row machine till he was done. When I started I just couldn't get into the squats, even with the deload, my legs felt like they were jelly and my glutes just weren't firing. I did my best anyways and by the time I was doing rows and chins, I was pumped and smashed em!
    Squats 3 x 5 x 70kg - this was light on my legs and core but as I said, it just wasn't happening today. I still got em though so will move up to 72.5 on wed. This weight really shows where my form is lacking and its in my grip position. My hands keep rolling under the bar and my wrists are bending. If I straighten my wrists, my back hunches over??? I dunno how I will fix this
    Press 3 x 5 x 25kg - obviously this was incredibly light and i felt stupid, but I think I made a good choice to ignore my want to go heavy and I think it will be good for my fucked shoulder to build this back real slow
    Row 3 x 7 x 40kg - did the first 2 sets reverse grip and the last normal grip. These felt really good
    Chins 2 x 7 x BW+2.5kg & 1 x 5 x BW - these also felt good and I am happy how my chins are going. They dont really seem to be working my arms like they used to however as I think my lats are taking more and more as they get stronger from rows and deads. I was also shocked at how weak I was on the bw set as I can normally do about 10-12 unweighted. Will have more rest next time

12/10/11 -
    Squats - 3 x 5 x 72.5 - last rep on last set was shite but oh well
    Bench - 3 x 5 x 67.5 - pretty happy with these but again last rep on last set wasn't pretty
    Dead - 1 x 5 x 75kg - I dropped these right down but for some reason cannot seem to keep my back in a similar angle. My legs seem to drive, my back drops and I almost good morning. Luckily my back doesn't round, but I am definietly focusing on deads as these used to be my strongest and at one stage was doing 100kg well

14/10/11
    Squats - 3 x 5 x 75 - once again last rep saw me good morning but the rest were good. I wonder if my work capacity is shit?
    Press - 3 x 5 x 30 - still easy and felt good
    Row - 3 x 8 x 42.5 - I was so happy with these, I feel like I could do 55 but will avoid the temptation
    Chins - 2 x 7, 1 x 6 @ BW + 6.25kg 1 x 3 @ BW - these were good but I no longer feel chins in my arms that my lats are stronger I'm going to add in bicep curls haha

17/10/11
    Squats - 3 x 5 x 77.5 - the last rep once again was dodgy as hell. On the last 2 sets I had to set the bar back after the 3rd rep, readjust myself under the bar (my grip that is!) then straight away get back up, serious issues. It is starting to get heavy now as well
    Bench - 3 x 5 x 70 - felt good and owned these
    Deadlift - 1 x 5 x 75 - don't know what is hapopening here, it is just pissing me off now

Dips - 2 x 8 x 15kg, 1 x 12 x BW - yes I added dips back in and these were sweet! Felt good and was a good self esteem rebuilder after the squats and deads