starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LP on the squat

Default LP on the squat

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Trei View Post
    Do you practice being retarded? Like, really?

Bring chalk to whatever gym you go to. If you're going to continue deadlifting and squatting you're obviously at a gym of some sort.

Using straps for your deadlift will not help your non-strapped deadlift to any significant degree unless you do other significant grip training. Not chin-ups. Not power cleans unless you have an actually-good power clean.

If you want to get a 1.5*bw squat, then fucking squat. You should be able to just LP all the way to that, it's like 275. Not even. Just fucking work and stop making excuses and fighting every single idea that goes against what you initially wanted to do anyways.
    Trei said I could just squat my way to a 1.5 BW squat.

If I don't even need deadlifts, how should I program squats, cleans, bench presses, and military presses?

Trei didn't mean for you to not deadlift. He merely observed that a 1.5x bodyweight squat is not a particularly stunning achievement, and that anybody that trains with any systematic approach AT ALL can get there in 6 months. You cannot be this large a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You cannot be this large a fool.
    You don't read all forums, do you?

I really, really, REALLY beg to differ.

Oh, Rip. If you only knew what havoc that fool has been inciting all over the badlands of your board. Never underestimate Hamworld’s foolishess, and you’ll save yourself much dismay.

I was told. How I wish we banned these morons, but Stef says that we must tolerate them.

I was told. How I wish we banned these morons, but Stef says that we must tolerate them.
    Why? If someone has a genuine goal to learn the material and ask educated questions then I can put up with some ignorance, but when this guy is going around spouting THIS much bullshit I don't think it's going to harm to community to remove him.

Every good community I've been a part of online eventually gets big enough to attract people like hamworld who eventually drive the dedicated members away.

Corrie-dear, your little friend there can simply register under a different name, using a different email address and, if I were to block the IP, a different IP address. Real trolls and other game-players generally already have several little selves already. Their sport is playing with people who allow it. Some have "straight" identities that they use to build their reputation, asking and answering their own questions and giving credit for things working and etc.

Just like in the best parts of the rest of the world, the community polices itself and very little actual policing is done by the police -- you live in a decent place (or not) because you are surrounded with decent folk. And probably about the shittiest place in the world for decent folk is a place where the police (or military) are actually stomping things down, because in a place like that, the decent folk get stomped.

When you stop giving these people what they want, they will look for more amusing targets, but the solution is not letting yourself be run off or suggesting that we become one of the police-state boards you can find on other sites - you won't get that, because I'm not interested in deciding which of you is acting with malice and which are merely stupid and lazy, and quite frankly it is often a tossup. Also, please note a good sense of humour and a bit of perspective will make the internet - and the rest of life - a lot more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    Corrie-dear, your little friend there can simply register under a different name, using a different email address and, if I were to block the IP, a different IP address. Real trolls and other game-players generally already have several little selves already. Their sport is playing with people who allow it. Some have "straight" identities that they use to build their reputation, asking and answering their own questions and giving credit for things working and etc.

Just like in the best parts of the rest of the world, the community polices itself and very little actual policing is done by the police -- you live in a decent place (or not) because you are surrounded with decent folk. And probably about the shittiest place in the world for decent folk is a place where the police (or military) are actually stomping things down, because in a place like that, the decent folk get stomped.

When you stop giving these people what they want, they will look for more amusing targets, but the solution is not letting yourself be run off or suggesting that we become one of the police-state boards you can find on other sites - you won't get that, because I'm not interested in deciding which of you is acting with malice and which are merely stupid and lazy, and quite frankly it is often a tossup. Also, please note a good sense of humour and a bit of perspective will make the internet - and the rest of life - a lot more fun.
    Fair enough, well said.
    I guess we should start operation "ignore the trolls" and try our best not to give them what they want, attention.

starting strength coach development program
    I still like this forum. I try to not respond to the hamworlds of the world.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast