starting strength gym
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Japanese translation of the "Core" strength article

Default A Japanese translation of the "Core" strength article

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    http://rippedbody.jp/2011/10/19/core...lity-training/

I have been assured that the translation is faithful to the original.

Domo Arigato Sensei. Just for the link to the page 1 photo of the push up. I think I can truthfully say I've never seen one done better.

Only read the first couple of paragraphs, and yes, it does seem to be a fairly good translation. But to who is this of interest? Just tickled by the notion of being published in a foreign language? I do think you might be surprised by the response to a Japanese edition of The Book though. Might be well worth the expense and trouble.

Rip, this may well be an accurate translation, but the translation back to English is awesome.
    http://translate.google.com/translat...ty-training%2F

"You are Here mark the toe clip is one of the world's most famous strength coaches"
    "Message from Mark himself lip-toe"

Translating it back to english yielded some funny results.
    You are Here mark the toe clip is one of the world's most famous strength coaches. 彼の“ Starting Strength ”という本はバーベルトレーニングの教科書と言えるでしょう。 His " Starting Strength "book will say that barbell training textbooks. それが多くの日本人の方々に知られていないのは残念な事です。 Not known to many Japanese people it is a pity. 彼に特別に許可を貰い、日本語に翻訳したものをご紹介させて頂く事になりました。 Rent a special permit him now to help them introduce a translation into Japanese. マーク・リップトーの数ある資格、業績を下のコメント欄にて紹介していますので、興味があれば見てください 。 The number of qualifications in the toe clip mark, so we introduce the results in the comments below, please see if you are interested.
    "Mark the toe clip" - is that some sort of a nickname?

Quote Originally Posted by Crofty View Post
    Only read the first couple of paragraphs, and yes, it does seem to be a fairly good translation. But to who is this of interest? Just tickled by the notion of being published in a foreign language? I do think you might be surprised by the response to a Japanese edition of The Book though. Might be well worth the expense and trouble.
    I was approached by Andy Morgan for permission to translate it, and as an experiment in the process I agreed. He has been good to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Domo Arigato Sensei. Just for the link to the page 1 photo of the push up. I think I can truthfully say I've never seen one done better.
    Indeed. Excellent form, although some hands-on coaching to perfect the form is indicated.

I find it funny that if you say Mark lip-toe in a japanese accent.. it actually sounds like mark rippetoe

I've dabbled in Japanese for a long time, but only now do I know the word for barbell: バーベル (Baaberu).

starting strength coach development program
    This is now reminding me of the first time I tried making ID badges for a launch security contract in Kazakhstan where the Rooskies are still in charge. I bought some Russian Cyrillic transliteration software and thought I had done such a wonderful job. At least until Phil, a retired US Army Major in Intelligence was hired on to oversee the on the ground operations overseas. I brought out my carefully badges and offered them up. The first words out of his mouth were, "What dumb-ass who thinks they know Russian made this crap?"

"That was me, Phil." I said.

I have to give Phil some real credit, he didn't try to make nice or recover, even though I could have fired him right on the spot.

"You don't know how to transliterate the English alphabet to Russian Cyrillic do you?"

Nope I didn't, and we had a good laugh about it when I said "That's why we hired someone who really knows this shit."

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast