starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toronto in July?!

Default Toronto in July?!

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I just saw Mark mentioned that you guys would be in Toronto in July! This is great news.

I'm assuming it will be at Element X-fit? Are there any details you can give us?

Thanks.

The seminar will be the end of July. Yes, it will be at Alex's in Canadia, eh? You'll be able to register when it gets up, stay tuned. If there are further details you're looking for, let me know.

jp

Quote Originally Posted by jep6095 View Post
    The seminar will be the end of July. Yes, it will be at Alex's in Canadia, eh? You'll be able to register when it gets up, stay tuned. If there are further details you're looking for, let me know.

jp
    Actually a really general question if you don't mind. Is the seminar only for people who want to become coaches, or is it also for people who want to perfect the form of their own lifts?

I recall that Mark does some sort of SS certification program and I just wanted to know if this was part of that or if this is a general training thing where everyone can get help with their technique?
    Thanks, I can't wait.

I might have to fly down and "visit" the in-laws.

Corrie, the groups usually consist of a balanced mix of folks who coach as a living and those who just wish to improve their own training. Just remember that this is a coaches certification so even if you are just there to improve your lifting, you will be expected to coach a lifter (with our help) during the practical sessions. Eh?

jp

EH!! Corrie - you'll benefit greatly from the coaching aspect even if you don't coach for a living. Coaching other people through the movements helps you learn better than you would just performing the movements on your own.

Mr_Rogers - it's definitely worth the trip (especially if you spend most of your time lifting and not actually 'with' the in-laws)
    Last edited by Alex Cibiri; 02-02-2012 at 07:31 AM.

Hey Alex.

This is great, I am definitely planning on coming! Looks like I'd better start putting an extra $50 in my savings account every paycheque to make sure I don't end up scrambling for cash when it comes around.

AWESOME.

How much do the seminars run? :- $

Here is all the information you need:

http://aasgaardco.com/store/store.php?crn=212

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Cibiri View Post
    Mr_Rogers - it's definitely worth the trip (especially if you spend most of your time lifting and not actually 'with' the in-laws)
    I had no intention of really seeing the in-laws other than the place to stay ha. I've convinced the wife I need to do this and she's coming along (for the trip) which is good, because Toronto is about ~18 hours from Thunder Bay. I've followed SS on twitter so I hope I don't miss the registration once it's announced.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast