starting strength gym

Thread: Carvalio's Log - Tired of being Inferior

Default Carvalio's Log - Tired of being Inferior

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Skinny from puberty to this time last year due to bad eating habits developed as a child (I know at just over 150lbs I am still skinny).
    Felt awful and finally decided to do something about it. Found SS last august and have slowly been trying to bulk around university work, made negligible gains balancing everything and have slowly optimized my schedule so neither work nor gym suffers.

I was stuck in a hole, unable to break 65kg squat for so long, which wasn't even BW for months due to not eating and ruining progress with bad motivation and eating. It was embarassing Now I have sorted my diet and drank my milk and squatted 70kg with form this morning and it felt great, still a long way to go though! I squat 60kg a week ago, 65kg on Thursday, 70 this morning, and 75kg for Tuesday and so on. Really want to milk those 5kg increases for as long as possible.

-Stats-

Heigh: 6'0
    Weight: 150+lbs (Unsure of exact right now)

Squat: 70kg
    Deadlift: 100kg
    Bench: 50kg
    Press: 35kg
    Pendlay Rows: 40kg

I plan to be doing Cleans in the near future, but as of right now, I don't have the time to work on form several times a week and almost destroyed my shoulder a while ago with bad form and can't get any real practice in until I am back at the rents house where there is a bar in the garage.

Worked out yesterday and went for 75kg squat. Was awful, couldn't get my back into a good position with the bar on my back and it was a struggle to keep form, which barely happened. Going to redo it on Sunday. Also felt like passing out after each set, guess I should have ate something right before going to the gym.

Only feeling DOMs in gluts and hams a bit so obviously didn't do a great workout overall. Going at it hard to try and make up for it.

Squat 75kgx5x3
    Bench 50kgx5x3
    Dead 100kgx5x1
    BW Dips 3xF

Would have liked to do a bit more on the bench, all benches were used so had to cut in with someone else and didn't even do warm up sets.

Get ya skinny ass back in the gym. And dont tell me you give up cause 5kg jumps got hard. Just do 2.5kg jumps. You'd be suprised where that can take you in a few months.

cheers
    Damo

Got my skinny ass back in the gym, admittedly I took St.Patricks day to the full potential and felt like crap come monday session, I don't help myself do I?

Mon:
    squat 70kgx3x5
    bench 50kgx3x5
    dead 90kgx1x5

Wed:
    squat 75kgx3x5
    press 35kgx3x5
    rows 45kgx3x5

Strongest guy in the gym at that moment asked me to watch his form on his last set, people couldn't believe it him asking some skinny ass but it didn't really click with the other people in there that he is far less likely to ask some friends doing endless sets of db presses and curls. So I guess my form was good yesterday haha.

Gonna try for 80kg squat tomorrow, seems easier now that I am going in the afternoon after a decent amount of food.
    Last edited by Carvalio; 03-22-2012 at 07:52 AM.

starting strength coach development program
    Squat 80x3x3 Didn't make last reps and just did back off sets, going to have to try again on monday, feel hammered.
    Bench 52.5x3x5
    Dead 100x3x5 form felt good

Lower back is really strained, not injury wise, just holding all that weight on the squat now is getting tough through the reps, I guess this is because I am slowly approach my DL with the squat.