starting strength gym
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: High bar squat

Default High bar squat

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    So i know the book advocates low bar squat position. Ive always squatted high bar not even realizing there was another way to do it. My question is, the low bar seems to be hell on my shoulders, and i really just am mot very comfortable in general. Is high bar inferior to a fault? Or can i just stick with that? Should i do anything in particular to train the posterior chain more if using high bar?

For me (after doing high bar for 20 years) low bar seemed very awkward and uncomfortable when first tried it a few months back. After reducing the weight a bit and getting my form down on low bar, I like it better.

I don't think high bar squats are inferior; it really depends on your goals. If you are doing the program and deadlifting, I don't think you have to worry about your posterior chain right now.

Have you read the book?

Have you watched the platform video on bar position?

High bar is definitely better. Rip's LB squat seems to be evolving into a full good morning if you compare earlier versions of SS with the newest one.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivroar View Post
    High bar is definitely better. Rip's LB squat seems to be evolving into a full good morning if you compare earlier versions of SS with the newest one.
    Rubbish.

You're an idiot. I hope you have a diagnosed learning disability that causes this utter lack of reading comprehension. Otherwise, go back to school and learn how to read.

I just finished reading the squat chapter in the 3rd edition and I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    You're an idiot. I hope you have a diagnosed learning disability that causes this utter lack of reading comprehension. Otherwise, go back to school and learn how to read.
    I haven't been here for long and don't know everyone's story, but I am aware that there is a subset of idiots on this site who think that everything that Rip says is wrong (yet still continue to post here, obviously). Is Carnivroar one of those idiots?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast