starting strength gym

Thread: Form check: Squat

Default Form check: Squat

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I decided to work out at my friend's place to record my squats because I'm not allowed to use a camera at my gym. However, that meant that my Rogue Do-Win shoes would be left dusting at my gym's locker, and my squat and deadlift would have to be done without them.

So since I never squat barefoot, then my technique might be slightly different from what I usually have. In fact, I'm wondering whether the lack of lifting shoes makes these squats so questionable. As you'll see, I don't think I'm going beyond parallel. IN fact, I might not even be hitting parallel. I'd appreciate if you can let me know what you think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvUrx...youtu.be&t=35s

I don't squat without my shoes. You changed a very important variable just because you didn't bring the shoes that normally, you would be squatting with. I'm not sure I see that it matters what these squats look like as you don't need to do a barefoot squat with good form.

second vid looks better than 1st, but i don't think either of them had you getting deep enough. it also looked like you were trying to find depth rather than committing to depth and bouncing out of the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by SiQ View Post
    second vid looks better than 1st
    Funny that you say that, they look like the same video to me

hahaha. well when you see things a few times they start to look better.

Quote Originally Posted by SiQ View Post
    it also looked like you were trying to find depth rather than committing to depth and bouncing out of the bottom.
    True. I had to relax my legs a bit. It's funny, because I'm looking at my previous videos and I have no trouble with depth. Maybe it really is the shoes...

Quote Originally Posted by sepandee View Post
    I decided to work out at my friend's place to record my squats because I'm not allowed to use a camera at my gym.
    Have you been told they will throw you out if you use your camera again? My gym also says no cameras or phones, but I say fuck authority. If a trainer sees you filming your technique then he obviously knows you aren't bringing it in to update your up-skirt collection.

The world is a boring place if you live by all the rules. Wear shoes and film this at your gym.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Chode View Post
    Have you been told they will throw you out if you use your camera again? My gym also says no cameras or phones, but I say fuck authority. If a trainer sees you filming your technique then he obviously knows you aren't bringing it in to update your up-skirt collection.

The world is a boring place if you live by all the rules. Wear shoes and film this at your gym.
    It's the university. It's one big room with three staff members patrolling it. And they're *very* strict. My friend was thrown out from there... cant' remember for what though.