starting strength gym

Thread: Squat, Deadlift, and Press form check/advice are needed.

Default Squat, Deadlift, and Press form check/advice are needed.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Squat:

Press:

Deadlift:

On the squats, I'm not quite sure my lumbar is staying extended. I wondered if it was possible for a viewer to gauge its extension, given I have shitty kinesthetic sense there. Otherwise, I feel like I may be turning the lift into a Good Morning. Is the amount of "hip drive" I use acceptable?

The press...I have no idea why, but I can't push the bar up unless it goes forward. It makes no sense mechanically due to the longer lever arm introduced.

As for Deadlifts: I mentioned I have shitty kinesthetic sense of lumbar extension. Not only is it hard for me to obtain extension by following the suggested set up (or maybe I can't read), but it looks like I lose extension as soon as I begin pulling. I was pulling 245 lbs, and it certainly didn't feel heavy. Do I have extremely weak spinal erectors, or am I just retarded?

squat: knees are sliding forward a bit on some of the reps, and your hip drive is a little exaggerated but is fine

press: you're pushing the bar way out in front of you... it should practically touch your nose on the way up (and down)

deadlift: hard to tell from the angle, but i think the bar is too far out over your foot.. also yea your back doesn't look tight all the way down

The bar is no more than an inch and a half in front of my foot on the deadlifts. I actually put some plates in front of the plates on the bar specifically so it couldn't roll forward. I really can't seem to set up for a deadlift in a way that prevents me from relaxing my lumbar.

I also know the bar is going out in front of me. I think I need to extend my upper back before I begin pushing. It isn't as bad in this old video: