starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form

Default Squat Form

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I deloaded after I couldn't complete this session but how is the first set?
    Am I going deep enough? I can't even get into a deep body weight squat, I think my hamstrings are too tight. I'm 6'5"

http://youtu.be/KZT0_lvDq8k?t=35s

You're deep enough if 1/2 squats are what you're aiming for. Your back doesn't look tight (ie I think it's in flexion, but I could be wrong), you should drop your head a bit and look roughly 6' in front of you. I won't even comment on the guy behind you, but the pins in the rack are there in case you fail a rep. That's just what my novice eye sees.

edit:

How much weight is on the bar? You might need to do a substantial deload to correct some of these issues.
    Last edited by Mr_Rogers; 03-15-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Yeah my friend wanted to spot me lol, I usually just setup the pins. It's funny because I told him not to touch me unless I fail. If I just stand here and try to get into a below parallel squat I can't. I guess I need mobility work. And you're right, my back is in flexion

I spend a good 20-30 minutes warming up. I find if I don't, I can't get deep enough.

Try these. I've done them ever since Bronan posted them and I've had great success improving my mobility.

I've seen a lot of Kelly's videos and this one in particular but I never tried this one. I'll check it out. Thanks