starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally...my deadlift form check video

Default Finally...my deadlift form check video

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Good morning. I finally have a Deadlift form check video. I read and watched the DVD again so I hope I can get the good-to-go sign from you guys to start adding weight. This is at 235lbs

http://youtu.be/kKpxC1aFgnw

Thanks in advance!

Damn it was supposed to embed the video in my post! Oh well.

The angle was pretty shitty and you could probably squeeze your low back into better extension but the glaring problem is that it's way too light.

Add 10# a session, buy some shoes, and report back in a couple of weeks.

jp

Thanks for the reply man,

I just did what the sticky says. Front quarter, show set up and entire bar path. Would one from the direct side be better? Maybe from above?

I can squeeze my low back on the squats but how do you do it when bent over in almost horizontal position?

Does the overall from look good? It sucks about the shoes man I already spent a few hundred dollars on equipment. Wife is going to kill me. Is barefoot then better as an alternative?

You can get some chuck taylors they are only about 40-50 bucks.

If I'm not mistaken you can buy some actual weightlifting shoes for a little more than that, I can't remember the brand off hand though.

Thanks for the suggestion. I googled the shoes and found a link to stronglifts. The dude says he lifts barefoot all the time except for squats. I'll check out the chuck taylors.

So...apart from my shoes, does my form look okay or do I need to post a new video next week?

You're not really extending your lumbar, work on that. Get some LIFTING SHOES. No chuck taylor bullshit. They are probably cheaper than the shoes you're wearing and will last 5 times as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Daniel View Post
    You're not really extending your lumbar, work on that. Get some LIFTING SHOES. No chuck taylor bullshit. They are probably cheaper than the shoes you're wearing and will last 5 times as much.
    Thanks Carlos...but I think i asked here at the top. Do you know how I can extend my lumbar while bent over? I can do it while standing like Rip show in the DVDs but how do you do it bent over and without dropping your hips?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by grand666 View Post
    Thanks Carlos...but I think i asked here at the top. Do you know how I can extend my lumbar while bent over? I can do it while standing like Rip show in the DVDs but how do you do it bent over and without dropping your hips?
    I think barefoot is better than squishy shoes. If you have dress shoes, use them. You will look funny, but who the fuck cares. You just have to really, really squeeze your lower back. It takes a little bit of practice, but it shouldn't take more than a couple of sessions to get the feel of it and getting used to it. Just squeeze the fuck out of it. If it feels uncomfortable, you're probably doing it right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast