starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Check

Default Squat Check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    This program works miracles when you do it correctly. I already increased my squat from 225 5-5-5 to 270 5-5-5 in 2 weeks. My question is my lowerback right above my ass feels fatigued after doing squats. What do you see wrong? Or do you need a differnt camera angle, because I can get a differnt one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyOwx...hannel#t=3m48s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZpm6...e=plcp#t=3m50s
    Last edited by DariusM; 04-03-2012 at 06:39 PM.

Can't say on your set of 5, but for your single at 315 you want to get your knees out more. On your set of 5, you are letting the weight shift on to your toes. It looks like your heel is coming off the ground. Think middle of the foot. Also, lifting shoes will be of great help.

Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    Can't say on your set of 5, but for your single at 315 you want to get your knees out more. On your set of 5, you are letting the weight shift on to your toes. It looks like your heel is coming off the ground. Think middle of the foot. Also, lifting shoes will be of great help.
    Sounds good definatly working on that now. But my back looks fine? it gets fatigued after doing squats but maybe its just weak there?

Nothing wrong with your back. What did you think was wrong?

Ill show you what I mean I got footage of todays squats which turned out pretty bad didnt finish the second set didnt even go for a 3rd. Basically I dont know how to posistion my back before I unrack and my knees want to always cave inwards. Should I reset??

Here is the video look at my low back before I unrack the weight. I dont know where to posistion it, plus my knees go in and it feels like im holding half the weight on my arms because I have the bar so low on my shoulders.

Last edited by DariusM; 04-06-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Take a big breath before you unrack the bar and hold it until the squat is walked out.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgerfan View Post
    Take a big breath before you unrack the bar and hold it until the squat is walked out.
    but is it bad if your knees push inwards when lifting the weight?

starting strength coach development program
    Yes. Shove them out more.