starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eating at Brooklyn Seminar

Default Eating at Brooklyn Seminar

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Are there restaurants/delis close to the SBWC and the time to go out to grab lunch on Saturday and Sunday during the seminar? Bringing snacks to get through the day is easy. But I'm coming from out of town, so packing a full lunch from a hotel room is a little harder to do.

Thanks for any insight.

Quote Originally Posted by SRS View Post
    Are there restaurants/delis close to the SBWC and the time to go out to grab lunch on Saturday and Sunday during the seminar? Bringing snacks to get through the day is easy. But I'm coming from out of town, so packing a full lunch from a hotel room is a little harder to do.

Thanks for any insight.
    You might check the seminar thread and see if someone posted some info. In addition, I'll try to see if Paulie has some info I can post tonight or talk about during the beginning of the lecture tomorrow night.

there's info in the seminar thread. briefly, yes there are multiple easily-walkable outlets with EXCELLENT food nearby (Bierkraft, Fleisher's, etc) and there's always time in the seminar schedule to procure sufficient lunch (said she, a two-time attendee and native brooklynite.)

Fort Reno Provisions
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/fort-reno-provisions-brooklyn

Draft Barn
    http://www.draftbarn.com/3rd/index.php
    250 Beers, but a bit of of the way if you're walking.

Sheep Station
    http://www.sheepstation.net/
    A block away. Has poutine.

Bogota Bistro
    http://bogotabistro.com/
    Highly recommended, but the place gets packed on weekends.

Opps, just read the question was about lunch options. On 4th Ave, there's Chinese take out, and if you walk a couple of blocks towards Union, there's a bunch of delis, diner, and a pizzeria.

Thanks! I saw some of the recommendations. I just wasn't clear as to whether those were pre- and post-seminar options or if we'd have the time to go out to some of those places for lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by michele View Post
    there's info in the seminar thread. briefly, yes there are multiple easily-walkable outlets with EXCELLENT food nearby (Bierkraft, Fleisher's, etc) and there's always time in the seminar schedule to procure sufficient lunch (said she, a two-time attendee and native brooklynite.)
    I am looking forward to checking out both Bierkraft and Fleisher's. Looking at the menu: I'm thinking the pastrami spiced brisket sandwich will be good for fueling the squat/press/dead on Saturday, and some grass fed beef for bench and pc's on Sunday. With a big hooker or two thrown in for snack time, if Paulie procures us some of those gems.

anyone who eats Chinese takeout on 4th Avenue will be subjected to a personal flogging by yours truly.

If youre up for a troop. hit Fette Sau in williamsburg. Best BBQ in NY.

starting strength coach development program
    Make sure to get Key Lime pie at the little place around the corner from the gym. Its OUTSTANDING!! I'm jealous!

Also, the grocery store a block away is probably the best grocery store/deli I've ever been to in my life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast