starting strength gym
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PressesPeople

Default PressesPeople

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'm starting this log because I feel like it.

Most recent lifts (keep in mind some of these were a bit higher before, but I've made recent form changes, as well as switched to sets of 3 on the TM):

Squat: 335 (3)

Bench: 195 (3)

Press (Strict, with pause on chest): 5 sets of 3 with 150....haven't done intensity day with new strict form yet. Will be updated on Sunday, when I try 160 for a set of 3.

Deadlift: 315 (5)

My BW is currently ~153 at a height of 5'9"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Some notes: I finally feel like I'm getting my shit together. After about a year of training I haven't made much progress after the first few months, because I kept going through stages of changing everything up. So I've FINALLY gotten my form on my lifts down to a consistent level that I feel is athletically beneficial. I'm excited to finally be on track!

I'm doing texas method with a 6-day-per-week schedule, because it works best for me. It makes it so I can be fresh on each lift.
    Last edited by PressesPeople; 04-26-2012 at 12:46 AM.

Tuesday workout: Squat: 315 for 5 sets of 3. Looking to do 340 for a set of 3 on Saturday, but that's the day of the mud run, so probably not. Maybe I'll just move everything over one or two days. Didn't really do deadlifts cause of multiple reasons that I won't explain.

Wednesday workout: Pressed 150 for 5 sets of 3. Felt very good about these, considering they were super strict form. Honestly, they were pretty easy.

Could you tell me your macros man?

We're almost the same weight and strength so I'm really curious.

I'm not sure what you mean by macros. Like, what I eat?

Also, just took a peek at your log. Jesus christ, your routine is complicated.

What do you press, btw?

I want to know what's your diet like if you don't mind.

Yeah my training seems complicated but I just recently took my head out of my ass and started going back to basics.

Now, it's just basically a texas method/westside mash up where instead of volume day I do dynamic effort w/ bands, and do a typical Intensity/max effort day.

My best press was 140 for 5 singles but I don't press anymore since it does nothing for my bench and I try to focus on the big three.

Maybe so, but the press is a much cooler exercise to be good at. It's not like pull-ups increase your bench anymore than presses do, anyways.

I eat 2 burritos a day, and about a half gallon of milk. Usually an energy drink or coffee in the morning. This is literally all I eat.

So, the way I split that: 1 burrito around when I wake up. Sip some milk throughout the day, and then I workout later. RIGHT after I workout, I always eat my second burrito. I find that this is crucial. And then I sip the milk after that until it's gone, usually.

The burritos are made of cheese, beans, and tortillas. I eat a vegetarian diet.

So you eat a vegetarian diet with no vegetables in it? Two bean and cheese burritos and nothing else save for milk?

How are your bowel movements? No sarcasm, genuinely curious.

starting strength coach development program
    They're awesome. Beans have a lot of fiber.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast