starting strength gym

Thread: Westminster, MD May 4-6 Eating Recommendations

Default Westminster, MD May 4-6 Eating Recommendations

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    For those of you coming in from out of town here is a few options for eating. There are more but you can't go wrong with these.

The gym is located just off main street. Quick lunch options are limited without getting in a car for a 5 minute drive. The best options fast within walking distance are an Italian deli with great food. See here: Giulianova Groceria - Westminster, Maryland - Bill Schroeder We are also located just around the corner from a Chick-Fil-A. A large hand spun milk shack loaded with about 3k cal will get you through the afternoon training. If you have a car a five minute drive will get you to Five Guys. The best double bacon cheese burgers and fresh cut fries around. I would do this and hit a milkshake on the way back to the gym if it were me. A perfect lunch.

Evening eating offers a few more options. I'm trying to get us a big table reserved for Saturday night here: O'Lordans Irish Pub & Restaurant - Authentic Irish Cuisine - Westminster | Baltimore Maryland Good food and good drinks.

You should do yourself a favor and hit this place once while in town, www.papajoeswestminstermd.com .Make sure you order the Parrillada and tell them CFR sent you. This is a fajita that starts with a layer of bacon, then scallops, then Pork, then shrimp, then steak, then chicken. They may toss a couple peppers and onions on top. A huge pile of meat.

There's a few more places for the evening dinners on main street within walking distance from the gym and we can give more recommendations once you get here.

If you are staying at the Best Western you can eat breakfast just across the street at this place, Baugher’s Orchards and Farms in Westminster, Maryland features fresh fruit gift baskets, pumpkin patch, farm market, petting zoo and more. Or there's an IHOP across the street.
    Last edited by jep6095; 04-30-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Awesome! I stoked for the weekend!

Also, I'm excited to get in a training session or two at the gym. I need to deadlift heavy on Saturday. So any other staff members who want to get a good heavy pull in, I'd love to have some training partners! Jules and I have had some excellent training sessions in the past, looking forward to getting another one in!

Can't wait to meet everyone this weekend! The fajitas actually turned me on a bit. I was already planning on hammering Five Guys in the Dulles airport! :-)

Default Westminster recap

Belated thanks go out to Beau and Angie at CrossFit Retribution in Westminster MD for a great seminar last weekend. It's been a while since we've taken a chance on a new venue and the entire experience was a good one. From a gorgeous drive; to food that was out of this world; to Beau and/or Angie always being one step ahead of us in anything we needed. The gym is a great one and Beau is always posting awesome videos of his people training just like he learned at his seminars. These two walk the walk and have built themselves a gym full of hard working folks who have found useful strength training and conditioning to be the way to go. If you're ever in the vicinity of Westminster, we highly recommend you look them up and get a session in over there.

We really had a great group of attendees. It was fun having so many couples who came together to learn how to coach the lifts. It was also kind of funny when a few of you learned that you're within blocks of each other and can train together now and then (Jed and Jimmy.) It's always a good time meeting you forum folks and RRod didn't disappoint. A little quirky on the gym wear and takes TMI to a new level but you turned out to be a very hard worker and it was a pleasure working with you.

I have some pics, will post them as I have patience. Thanks again Beau and Angie. OH! I can't forget to thank Jim Steel, Rob Wagner, Kirk Karwoski, Marty Gallagher, and his friend (so sorry, I caught and forgot your name in record time) for stopping by and hanging out for a bit. Having legendary strength coaches and world champions at the gym isn't a bad way to spend the day. Thank you all!

And for those of you who were pre-stressed about the food. Now you know. We ate so good that I have no idea anymore what to make for dinner, it's all bland after the amazing meals we enjoyed all weekend.

jp
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here are a few more pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the recap Juli. It really was an amazing weekend. Not one that will be forgotten as a gym owner. What's the chances of having Captain Kirk, Marty Gallagher, Rob Wagner, Jim Steel and Rip hanging out at your gym for the day. For those that missed it just kick your own ass now for not signing up for this seminar.

I have a few random photos I will post up when I get a second on a real computer.

Angie and I look forward to having you all back.

Beau