June 27

6'0, 93 kgs / 205 lbs, 20 y/o

Squats 3x5: 80/176
    Negative pull ups: 3x5
    Bench press 2x5: 57.5/126.5, attempted 60/132; failed after 4 reps
    Press: 1x5: 40/88
    Dead lift (double overhand grip) 1x5: 110/242

Next workout scheduled for 29 June
    Last edited by Harry Flashman; 06-28-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Welcome. I saw your name logged in and almost started a thread down in Ends and Pieces demanding you show yourself. My all time favorite literary character. May GMF rest in peace.

A huge loss to literature; when Pratchett pops his clogs we're going to be in a sorry state.

I should probably post my targets: bodyweight bench press, 1.5 x bodyweight squat, 2 x bodyweight dead lift. After that, who knows, might look to compete.

Ok; my weightlifting belt arrived on Wednesday evening (the evening of the day of the previous workout, which irritated me somewhat). If you're interested, my belt is http://bit.ly/LJ172V , from pullum-sports.co.uk .

Usually I start my workouts with squats but because some neanderthal loser was doing calf raises with the pussy pad I had to do BP first.

Bench press 1x5: 57.5 / 126.5
    Squats 3x5 (with the belt): 85 / 187, "", "" . Improvement by 5 kilos / 11 pounds from the previous workout - making some gains, hurrah. I attribute them to the belt.
    OHP 2x5 (with the belt; not sure if this is what most people do but I feel that without the belt I lean back too much): 40 / 88, "". I will attempt a jump of 2.5 kg / 5.5lbs next workout.
    Negative chin-ups: 3x7
    Power cleans 1x5: 55 / 121

Next workout scheduled for Thursday 5th July. I'm going on holiday this Sunday to a place where there's no gym, which pisses me off, but c'est la vie.

Welcome. I read your name and now you'll always be Lord Flasheart to me.

Which part of London do you hail from?

I'm from the south; I train in Brixton, and live about 10 mins away from the gym by bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Flashman View Post
    I'm from the south; I train in Brixton, and live about 10 mins away from the gym by bike.
    I live in Clapham South, not too far away then.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLiftMyBalls View Post
    I live in Clapham South, not too far away then.
    Huh. I know there's a crossfit gym in Clapham; I looked at attending just because I spent hours looking for a place with some sodding free weights and squatting apparatus, but I was put off by the steep price. Do you train in Clapham or are you forced to go further afield?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Flashman View Post
    Huh. I know there's a crossfit gym in Clapham; I looked at attending just because I spent hours looking for a place with some sodding free weights and squatting apparatus, but I was put off by the steep price. Do you train in Clapham or are you forced to go further afield?
    I work in canary wharf and there is a pretty decent Reebok gym here with quite a few barbells, plates, and platforms so not too bad. Im not really interested in crossfit right now and i see that all the evening slots there are WOD which means I wouldnt be able to just go and train by myself.

starting strength coach development program
    It's alright for some...! I'm not much interested in crossfit either, I just wanted a place where I could do free weight training. I'm doing well in a boxing gym in Brixton, though I do have to carry a barbell plus two mats and plates outside to do OHP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast