starting strength gym

Thread: A question about the upcoming Brooklyn seminar

Default A question about the upcoming Brooklyn seminar

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I signed up for the Brooklyn seminar and just had a question, when the attendees get time under the bar how intense is the workout? Are we talking one rep maximums or something of more moderate or light intensity? How should one consider programming their own workout schedule that week before the weekend seminar?

Thanks

Glad to have you aboard. You'll be training each lift to a work set or a heavy set of five (with triples in the Power Clean.) Most people train normally up until Wednesday, skip their Friday session and are fine. Many people find that perfecting the Starting Strength models on the lifts are more work than expected so you want to be prepared for that. Perhaps others who've attended can pipe in?

See you in September.

jp

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

Just a piece of advice from a seminar survivor: I would try to do a reasonably challenging workset for each of your lifts at the seminar. Since a lot of your most annoying form problems will arise as the weight gets challenging, you'll get a lot more out of the seminar if you use challenging weights as your final set (as Juli said, you'll do ramping sets up to your final workset). Doesn't necessarily have to be your 5RM, but at least something where your face will turn a little red.

Thank you all for your responses! I'm really looking forward to the seminar

-Johnny

Exactly what Julie said.