starting strength gym

Thread: One_arm_lifter -500 Cal log

Default One_arm_lifter -500 Cal log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm messed up abit so.. Was and sort of still 5,11 -184Cm tall though the break in my leg and curve of my spine do to loss of arm make me more like 5,10- 181Cm tall.
    I'm 187 Lb -85 Kg going down again roughly 5 Kg or more before up again.

Back to start (so to speak) lifting lite but high reps don't think of it yet as its a rest for my arm ligs and joints. I'm on roughly 500 Cal less per day more then less, my sleep habits keep it changing abit. So reps will go back down to 5, but for now need the break (yes its really a break) but will not be for long. Ligs are 6 weeks but with up keep I shoot for 10 weeks.

Last week: Squats were back at 88 Lb- 40 Kg 3 sets of 20 reps Bench 20 Lb same set and rep. Dead lift 40 Kg,,, Press 10 Lb (LOL one arm) bent back row 30 Lb same set rep that is 3 set 20 rep.

This week I'm at: Squats are 50 Kg same set rep, Bench 30 Lb, dead Lift 50ish Kg,,, Press 20 Lb, back row 40 Lb.

So its roughly 10ish Kg a week on Squats, dead lift, with 10 Lb a week on Bench, Mil press, bent back row,., but the upper body the reps do go to 15 with still 3 sets....

Looking at this same as last time (in a less cal diet) My first fail of Squats was 80 Kg 3 sets of 20 reps. Then I just bring the reps down... hoping first fails are at 85 or 90 Kg before I change my Reps...

My max 3 sets of 5 reps are for low Cal...
    Squat 120 Kg (pins in leg and one leg over working could be why not more)
    Bench 80 Lb (one arm remember thats why so low)
    Dead lift 150ish Lb or more (I'm using a bent short bar bell for arm curls so balance is at play) LOL plus gym does not have over 135 Lb dumb bells...
    Mil press 60 Lb
    Bent Back row 120ish Lb

So same as all ways my goal is to push passed that in a roughly -500 Cal...
    Fun for most here in Asia seeing a one armed guy push so much,, I'm hopping more to come in power gained, I'm trying to stay lite as 50 Kg guy Squating 100 Kg is stronger than me. and at 80 Kg I'll need to squat 160 Kg to be more where I like.. Been fun seeing how since I've been run over by a semitruck how far I could push my body back to what it was, plus to see the limits,, I've found that one arm for me is arm ligs burnning out at much over 60 Lb,, as for falling off bench I get someone to push my missing arm shoulder down so I don't fall of bench.. I've got to keep weight close to shoulder as pressing so hard on shoulder,, hard on back doing bent rows as needs to stable me as lifting off center but still lifting closer to center hurts elbow.. In the end all help phantom pain and arthitis in broke knee, so less pain over hold body...

Hi one-arm_lifter, welcome to the forum! Have you talked to mwhities yet? He's another strong one-armer.

Welcome! All of you guys fighting through these amazingly difficult situations really inspire me to go hard when I am in the gym. Thanks for sharing your story.

mariawolters I've not heard or know of mwhities yet thanks for telling me. By the way A veil gaelic akife ? Do you speak Gaelic? seems I may have read something making this could be. Would be good to know ways in which he trys to push farther. I've at one point had two people sitting on me, need pixs next time.

Corrie thanks as well. when hurt so bad its more to try and get more years of a better life. I'd say push hard, but don't kill your self, can hurt your self bad and shorten your life by over training. When your dissabled I've found people don't treat you right in real life. The inter-net is better as meet some very cool people, on the streets not the same. I do find when people take the time and talk they get alot more friendly. I wear steel toed boots as I need to push back sometimes hard,.. I've met some of the coolest people still living with missing lims. LOL I'm not the only one armed person that plays pool, dives, rides motorcycle,.. Sad thing is, I've met more that gave up on life, it seems for some to go down hill fast with no chance to get back to where they may have been abell to work out their limits.

I'm at 20 reps at 60kg squats, bench 40lb, dead lift 60kg, mil press 30lb, back row 50lb this week.... feeling the big jumps week to week now but all is still good. I'm downing the reps to 15 on upper body to let the ligs and tendons heal better till the bigger weights are hit. So all seems well.

A Dhomnall (one_arm_lifter), I'm wondering why you are doing 20 reps - that's usually an endurance / cardio protocol, as far as I know.

Tha beagan gaidhlig agam, agus 's math rinn thu!