starting strength gym

Thread: DLT's Training Log - Can't stop, won't stop

Default DLT's Training Log - Can't stop, won't stop

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello all,

New to the forum but not a novice to lifting. Decided to really commit to a program and realized SS was a good place to start.

About me:

Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 206
    BF %: ??

Background: Played sports most of my life, NCAA athlete in college, Crossfitted for a few years after college and have since been fucking around with different programs. 30lbs later and not much success, I have jumped on SS and see what happens from here...

I am starting this journal on Session #6 of the program and am enjoying the gains so far. Below numbers are for the program as of Session #6 and will

Goals:

16 week SS cycle and get to a 500/400/300/200/225 (S, D, B, P, PC)

Todays Workout (will take place in about 4 hours)

S:265lb
    P: 105lb
    PC: 155lb

Old shoulder injury is the reason for the low press number and am working hard to get that number up as quickly as possible

Looking forward to your comments, critiques and overall BSing that I have seen on these boards so far!

Oh, my DL and B numbers are below, these will be used in session 7 as working set weights:

DL: 360
    B: 205

Yesterdays lift went well. I hate these globo gym cunts that stare at me my entire workout and ask me why I am wearing weird shoes (do-wins) and not Reebok Zigs...just fires me up to lift harder.

Had a lot on my mind yesterday with work and some personal shit going on. I know my head wasn't 100% in it. Felt it in the depth of my squats and the 2nd pull on my PC. Just wasn't all there.

Dinner: 6 eggs, 1/2 can baked beans, .5lb ground beef sauteed with jalapenos, onions and garlic. 3 ground corn tortillas. Shit ton of sriracha...

Breakfast: 3 eggs, leftover 1/2 can beans, .5lb ground beef

Lunch: Quarter dark meat roast chicken plus some white meat, sauteed summer squash and zuchinni, grilled white potatoes

Been chatting with my roommate today about the possiblity of outfitting the basement with home gym equipment. Scouring cragslist and the like for some used equipment and toying with the idea of building a squat rack/platform and blocks to save some cash...

Haven't posted in a few days due to a crazy busy weekend. Took the weekend off due to some major tendonitis flare up in my elbow that I got from too many rope climbs in my CF days...a little game of football on saturday sparked it right up.

Monday:

Squat: Felt like my depth was a little off so I backed off the weight a few lbs. and did a form check. Filmed and will be posting for critique in the next few days once I get a chance to edit it.

Press: 115lbs - felt great, shoulder didn't give me any problems

Chins: 3x15 - weighted to 25lb dumbell

Did some assitance work afterwards with some reverse hypers and GHD

starting strength coach development program
    B Day today. Sucked. I was hungover and miserable from puking up my dinner last night. Not sure what set it off but I was literally sick 5 minutes from getting up from the dinner table. The goose and red bulls didn't help much either.

Fucking shit.