Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: JWells' Training Log

Josh Wells is offline Starting Strength Coach
    big-O

Default JWells' Training Log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So I have been asked to post my training on here for a few years now but just have not done it. I was asked again yesterday to do it again and said I would do it today.

I am 28 yrs old; 5' 9"; 230lbs.

Best Lifts:
    Snatch: 135kg
    C&J: 165kg
    Front Sq: 205kg
    Squat: 525lbs
    Press: 265lbs
    Bench:325lbs
    Deadlift:575lbs

Background:
    I have been training since I was 15 at Rip's gym. I am a Competitive Olympic Weightlifter. I competed in Jr. Pan Am's in 2003, Jr. Worlds in 2004. I dislocated my Left Elbow in 2005. Since then have struggled to beat my best lifts but have decided that things need to change.

I have been a SS Coach for atleast 4 years (not sure when I started coaching at the seminars). I moved to NYC over a year ago and have been doing SS Training Camps in Manhattan the Last 6 months.

My Goal is to get back into competitions and have fun.

Josh,

Pumped that you have finally done this. Thanks...I will continue to find motivation from you through your log.

big-O

Mac,

I appreciate the push to do this. I am going to try to keep pushing the weights and hope I dont break.

So here is what was on the menu today:

Snatches
    135x1
    185x1x10
    205x1
    235x1x3 missed the first two.
    Still trying to get my tech. back. Very easy to pull just a little off on the catch.

Press
    185 x5x3
    195 x5x3

Floor Press
    235 x5x2

Pull-ups

Thats all for today. Everything feels good. Still going up on the lifts slow and steady.
    This is the start of week 10 back into a real program.

Hi there, stranger! It will be great to follow along here online, as well as at work ;-)

Hey Josh - curious where you're lifting in NYC that you can Snatch up to 235 and (I assume) drop it. Always on the lookout for proper places to lift here, I currently don't know of any in Manhattan. Some places where you can make do, but none where you can lift 100% as you want without limits.

big-O

Wolf,
    Unfortantly the place I workout at is very expensive and the only reason I lift there is because I work for the place. It is called La Palestra. They just opened a facility at The Plaza Hotel and I got to help in picking out the barbell and Oly equipment. It is probably the best place in the city to lift but it is not cheap or someone who doesnt work for the company. However there is a gym on 14th st toward the eastside that has a bare and I know of atleast 140kg worth of bumpers and you can drop. There are about 3 or 4 guys that lift there that are big Pendlay followers. Another place that has a lot of weight is crossfit 212 in tribeca. They have some interesting platforms but you make due. If you want to meet up and get a workout in down there let me know and all you would have to do is pay the $30 to drop in but if you wanted to do it on a saturday after 2 just let me know. I could use someone one to workout with.

Nice to see you here, Josh.

big-O

Thank you. Its been a long time coming. Just took a little longer than I thought.

Wolf, I don't know if you know Josh or not, but you won't meet a nicer guy, with exceptional knowledge, skills, and downright awesome human kindness.

Take him up on this. I don't ever miss a chance to train with Josh. Seriously.

starting strength coach development program
    Welcome Josh. I'm so happy that you are posting your log. We can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Big hugs to Shelley. You inspire us all!

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast