starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slot's Slow Return to Lifting and Migration to TM.

Default Slot's Slow Return to Lifting and Migration to TM.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So, I didn't get to start working out like I wanted to on the first but, I started tonight.

I'm going to slowly work my way back up to my previous weights and hopefully surpass that too. I'm still thinking I can meet my goal of 405X5 before the end of the year so, I'm going to focus on that.

Otherwise, I'm going to start TM in a few weeks. I'm not sure I'll be doing it right but, I've been reading up on it and trying to piece together what I read with TM workouts I've seem to make one for myself.

--

Tonight:

45X5X3, 135X5, 185X3, 250X2, 315X5

That's all I did, After the 185, my right ham was REALLY letting me know it was feeling this and didn't like it to much.

So, I'm back, going slowly, wish me luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey, welcome back. Hitting 315x5 on your first session back is pretty good. Hope to see you hit your goal for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by t0rment View Post
    Hey, welcome back. Hitting 315x5 on your first session back is pretty good. Hope to see you hit your goal for the year.
    Thanks. I was kinda scared but, I'm more scared of tomorrow night or the next day. haha I didn't really think I'd go to 315 but, I was so pumped up and it felt great to get under the bar again.

Good to see you back, Whities. Wondered several times where you'd gone off to.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Good to see you back, Whities. Wondered several times where you'd gone off to.
    Thanks Wolfie. Good to be back. You know how life can get in the way. I've lurked for the last few months, just hadn't been able to do much in lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by mwhities View Post
    Thanks Wolfie. Good to be back. You know how life can get in the way. I've lurked for the last few months, just hadn't been able to do much in lifting.
    Glad to see you back. I had been following your career with interest!

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Schudt View Post
    Glad to see you back. I had been following your career with interest!
    Thanks Karl.

I hope to do some local comps next year. Things are getting better on the home front so, I'm hoping to stretch out to at least 1 or 2 states away for comps too.

So, I got a plan and I'm jumping in head first. A fellow posters and wonderful fella is helping me get back to where I was previously. He can speak up if he'd like....

I'm going to do this little ramp up plan I have and then start into the Advanced Novice. It's going to be tough but, I gotta do it. I love the feeling of accomplishing something and since my buddy is helping me out, I can't let him down.

Tonight:

Squats:
    45X5X2
    135X5
    185X5
    225X5
    275X5
    315X5

Holy hell. 275 got heavy quick. I just KNEW I wasn't going to be able to do the 315X5.... but, I was able to.

(Note, I'm mostly focusing on my squats right now but, if I have the time, I'll do the other lifts as well.)

After my 275X5, a guy actually asked me to spot him in the bench. I think he was at 255 if I remember correctly. (I'll have to add the story to the Awesome Thread.) I helped him and we talked for a bit. I started feeling like I was cooling off to much so, I asked him to excuse me while I fight to get this 315X5 set out of the way.

No worries there. The last two were prolly pretty ugly. I need Les or someone bigger than myself to kick my ass for ever stopping. (excuses.. blah, life, etc, blah..)

Anyways, I'm fucking back. Again, I love this feeling. I'm smashed right now but, I feel great.

So switched over to presses. I started out light.

Presses: (dumbbell)
    35X2X5
    40X5
    45X3
    50X2
    60X3X4 (I missed the last rep. I held it there for about 10 seconds pushing while trying to maintain form.. nope.)

Felt good to my shoulder though. Since I had stopped working out, it started to hurt again. It's "hurting" right now but, the good kind.

After that, Jim, the guy I spotted started talking with me and between that and the chats we had earlier while I spotted him, I ran out of time. I had to get to the store, buy some stuff, and get back.

So now I'm enjoying a large glass of milk and a double decker peanut butter sandwich. I'm surprised the 315 kicked my ass like it did. The last post I posted, it was easier than expected. I'm not sure if I ate wrong (no different than usual) or the lack of eating breakfast killed me. (I usually fast 18+- hours, eat a huge clean lunch then whatever the wife makes that evening. Maybe I'm just not used to lifting with food on the stomach. I used to lift at 4AM and in a fasted state. No clue.

I guess that's it for now. I'm tired and stink so, I think I'll finish this, my sandwich, my milk, read a few posts, tell some people to piss off, shower, and then go to bed.
    Last edited by mwhities; 10-24-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Default Slot's Slow Return to Lifting and Migration to TM.

You're back!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele Knaub View Post
    You're back!
    Yes ma`am I am!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast