starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ChinaBoy's Log

Default ChinaBoy's Log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey,

I started lifting 2 years ago at 45-46 kg with Stronglifts and in about 8-9 months my weight went up to 60 kg. My 1RM were SQ 100 kg, DL 125 kg, BP 60 kg, OHP 42 kg.

Then the summer came, I lost my appetite and couldn't keep eating 4000+ daily to gain weight so I dropped down to 57 kg, After travelling I lost 5 more kg.

Mid 2011 to mid 2012 I didn't workout consistently and focused on other areas of my life hard.

Since I am a obsessive type of a person, I'd take a year to focus hard on 1 area of my life and neglect other areas of life.

Now a bit more mature I want balance in my life. I have a lot of big life goals.

-----

I am a 20 yo chinese college student living in the Czech Republic. My stats are:

BW: 50,8 kg
    BF: Dunno (around 11-13%)

-----

I am hitting the gym 3x a week. And in 1-2 weeks I am gonna start taking Japanese JuJutsu classes 2x a week. A limiting factor is that I am partying and drinking (I drink about 3-4 vodka shots per night) 2-3x a week.

My program is basically Stronglifts 3x5 (adding 2,5 kg every workout) with extra assistance exercises. I plan to replace Presses with Push presses once I get my core strength in check.

My current program:

A:
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Bench press
    1x20 Kroc rows
    3x8 Pistol squats (1 leg supported)
    3-5 sets of neutral grip pullups

B
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Press
    1x5 Deadlift
    3x8 Hanging leg raise (knees bent)
    2x8 DB side bends
    3-5 sets of neutral grip pullups

-----

Other exercises that I may use:

Dips, Pushups, Kroc chins, Static hold pullup, hanging from a bar

Sit ups, Ab wheel rollouts, 1 arm DB hold, Back raises

Shugs, Power clean, Farmer's walk

---

My workout looks like this:

Warmup:

1-2x10 BW squats
    1x10 Box jumps
    100x jumping rope
    10x Leg swings
    20x Shoulder dislocations

Main workout:

A/B

Conditioning:

3x50 jumping rope
    1 min on jumping rope
    10-20x double unders on jumping rope

Static stretching (done in between jumping rope):

-Triceps, delts, biceps+wrists, pecs, lats
    -Hip flexors, quads, abductors, ankles

Notes: A big fan of Jeet kune do, taking what's usefull and discarding the rest. I have the Big 3 for strength, wanna incorporate power cleans and push presses for explosiveness, jumping rope for conditioning.

I lift raw, I use only Chalk and sometimes gonna use straps for shrugs or kroc rows.

----
    Nutrition:

Diet is pretty good on workout days, I just need to prevent slipping on non workout days. I eat about 400-500g of grilled chicken, 350-500g of potatoes and some milk with it (0,5-1l).

Once I will have a kitchen to cook in I think my nutrition will be much better.

Aiming for 3000 kcal right now and upping it depending if I am gaining weight. I remember that I had to eat 4500+ kcal daily to gain weight. Hoping that I wont have to eat that much this time using probiotics, digestive enzymes and eating more yogurt, sauerkraut.

Protein: Mainly chicken, pork, tuna, eggs, full fat cottage cheese, milk, ham, bacon, shrimps, yogurt

Carbs: white rice, potatoes, beans, (pasta)

Fruit: Berries, Bananas, Lemon/lime (for lemon water), (apples)

Veggies (for salads): Spinach, Broccoli, Brussel sprouts, Tomatoes, Bell peppers, Sauerkraut, Cucumber, Carrots, Romaine lettuce, Green beans, Avocadoes, Onions, Garlic, Leek, Ginger, Mushrooms, Olives

Fats: Olive oil, Coconut oil, butter, Cashews, Almonds, Brazil nuts

Supplements: Fish oil, multivitamins, vitamin C, B complex vitamins, Zinc, magnesium, garlic oil, probiotics, vitamin D, digestive enzymes

From Optimum nutrition:
    -Whey (don't really like it, they are too sweet)
    -Casein (mix it with milk for and drink it before going to bed)
    -Gainer (same as whey)
    -Creatine (will finish a jug of it and then decide whether to continue or not)
    -L glutamine (same as creatine)

My goals:
    BW: 60 kg for now (long term is probably 65-70 kg)
    BF: 10-12% long term (preferable 10%)

DL: 2,5 BW
    SQ: 2 BW
    BP: 1,5 BW
    Press: 1 BW

20 pullups
    7 muscle ups
    10 pistol squats
    20 kroc rows with 0,5 BW
    20 hanging leg raises

The second part of goals may change.

Cheers!

Just got back to lifting 2 weeks ago after a 3 month break.

My 1st workout was bad because I was being stupid. My BW was 50 kg and I did immediately squats with 40 kg, my abductors got so sore after the 1st set that I was not even able to bodyweight squat down without it hurting like hell. Also was being stupid with the deadlifts. Did a set with 60 kg and then decided to test my 1RM. I managed to hit 100 kg which was 2 BW deadlift.

Next day I got unbelievably sore that I couldn't even move.

---

3x5 SQ 47 kg
    3x5 BP 35 kg
    1x20 kroc rows 13 kg
    1x8 DB rows (left hand) 15 kg (I do these cuz my left lat and arm is much much weaker and smaller)
    3x8 pistol squat (1 leg supported)
    4,3,2 pullups (neutral grip)

These kroc rows are really intense. I do not do them correctly (go to failure), but I always keep about 2-4 reps in tank. But still I think that they are hindering my pullups. I can do at least 6-7 pullups if I don't do any weightlifting exercises before.

After going home, eating a big meal I felt really really tired and sleepy. I think I felt asleep for like 20-30 mins. I dunno if doing the high rep kroc rows is a good idea as Deadlifting and Kroc rows tend to wipe me out and my CNS gets fatigued by it. I had good experiences with the Kroc rows as it made my lats grow, I am really skinny but I'd say that my lats are pretty big for my size.

I'll keep doing Kroc rows for a few more workouts and then decide whether to replace or not.

Last edited by ChinaBoy; 11-10-2012 at 03:21 PM.

Oh and my height is 170 cm...I can't edit it into the original post...

My assistance exercises are geared towards abs and beach muscles (triceps, pecs, biceps)...I have always neglected ab work and now I feel like it's a limiting factor for the Press, squat and deadlift.

Beach muscles because my upperbody is small compated to lower body. I want more balance as my arms are really thin. Even when I was 60 kg, my arms were still small and glutes and legs were huge.

More likely the limiting factor for the press, squat and deadlift is the fact that you weigh 112 lbs.

That also hamburgerfan.

---

3x5 Squat 50 kg
    3x5 Press 27 kg
    1x5 Deadlift 70 kg
    3x5 hanging leg raises (straight legs)
    5,5,3 pullups
    1 arm db hold 26 kg

----

The press was pretty tough. Gonna have to remember to be tighter and more explosive.

Deadlift: More tightness and push your legs more into the ground. Surprisingly my grip was giving out on the top set of 70 kg, probably my grip endurance is bad, as I pulled 100 kg for 1 rep 2 weeks ago.

Starting to feel like Squat, press and deadlift in 1 workout is not a good idea.

uhhh, not good. That workout wiped me out again and I had to take a 2 hour nap afterwards.

3x5 SQ 52,5 kg
    3x5 BP 37,5 kg
    25x Kroc row 14 kg
    8x Kroc row 18 kg
    8,8,8 dips
    3x5 bulgarian squats (low speed)
    2x10 pushup

---

Bench press, felt kinda easy today. Still I need to keep my shoulder blades back and down.

Kroc rows, feels so good doing them...one of my favorite exercises.

Dips, they are partial, probably half dips going to low makes my shoulders hurt, probably cuz the bars are so far away for my narrow shoulders.

Bulgarian squats, doing them slows speed for more time under tension for more gains, I do main lifts explosively and for 5 reps so this is added for hyperthrophy.

Pushups, did 1st set low speed but then I felt they were too hard. After bench pressing, doing dips my arms were too weak to do finnish 3 sets...so did 2 sets to stay away from failure.

starting strength coach development program
    A few things I would recommend:

1. Focus on progressing main lifts and cutout accessory - they are just making you sore and tired.
    2. You listed all the perfect foods. Eat them. You can't expect any of this to work if you continue to weigh 112lbs or even your top weight of 132lbs.
    3. Figure out how to party around your lifting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast