starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SSS - Seattle 2013 February

Default SSS - Seattle 2013 February

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'll be going to this one in February.

Since the outline says, don't do heavy workouts before the weekend, well I figure a 17hr plane flight plus jet lag is as bad as a bunch of heavy workouts, so I plan to come in a few days before and do some sightseeing.

It'd be good to hear from others who are going or are local, some recommendations on accommodation and things to see. I'll be on my own, it'd be a bit much to take the toddler along.

If you want to see much of our fair city, you'll have to do it Fri morning, or else come or stay a day early/late. Fri evening class runs until about 9, and Sat/Sun are full. Well worth the trip for the class alone.

Downtown Seattle has an aquarium on Pier 70, the EMP (Experience Music Project, a music museum funded by Paul Allen), Pike Place Market, Pioneer Square and the tour of underground Seattle. You can "ride the duck" for a motorized tour.

That flight is no joke. Drink lots of water and get on your feet and walk around as much as possible or you won't be lifting anywhere near your potential. Last time I made that flight I fell asleep and didn't get up much and my feet swole up like footballs. It took almost a week for them to go back to normal.

I booked the flights today, I'm leaving Melbourne on Tues 5th February, and returning Tuesday 12th February. So I'll have a few days to recover before lifting!

Just registered for this session. Totally nervous, now..

Is anyone driving from Vancouver BC, and wants to split gas?

If it's at Eastside S&C like usual, there's a Silver Cloud Hotel right down the road in walking distance. Never stayed there, just seen it driving around up there.
    You definitely should check out the Cascade mountains while in town. The drive up to Snoqualmie pass is only about 30min from that area.
    There are a lot of good breweries up here if you like beer, and we got great seafood. The downside of up around Seattle is the traffic. It is AWFUL. Give yourself plenty of time to get around.

I won't be driving in the US, no need to. I did see there were a few hotels nearby, which is good.

I am tossing up which hotel to stay in. The basic choice is between staying in walking distance to Eastside S&C and paying $1,000 for a week, or staying somewhere downtown and paying $500, but then having to travel - which won't be ideal when we're doing 8-8, especially if kittenSmash is right about the traffic!

There are several places within walking distance or a very short drive. KS is right about the traffic. Too many people, extremely poor planning, complications due to water.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    ..Too many people, extremely poor planning, complications due to water...
    Well, we're certainly no Houston, that's for sure!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast