starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Camp - Oakland, CA - Dec 23

Default Squat Camp - Oakland, CA - Dec 23

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I am holding a squat camp in Oakland, CA just in time for Christmas. We'll be going over the low bar back squat and then spending some time under the bar before wrapping up with some more discussion and question and answers. The cost is $125. I hope to see you there.

Yes! I have been waiting for this. I registered last night and can't wait for the camp.

I look forward to seeing you there.

Thank you to everyone who attended the camp. We had a sold out session with a good group. We fixed a few grip width and bar placement problems that resulted in much greater comfort for several lifters. Low bar squatting wasn't the exercise in shoulder torture that some previously experienced. Once the ideas of staying tight and utilizing the musculature of the posterior chain took hold, everyone's squats looked pretty good. It is interesting to note how big a difference proper footwear can make in the lifts. Having a shoe with an incompressible heel and the right amount of lift almost always results in a better squat. It was an enjoyable camp and I will be scheduling the next ones shortly.