starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 40 Days of Dan John's Easy Strength.

Default 40 Days of Dan John's Easy Strength.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Im going to log this in general training for the duration of the 40 days so if anyones curious about the program and results this log will be available.

The program I am doing is essentially this

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_..._40day_program

He recommends doing a squat for a warmup and a explosive move for a main movement so ive simply reversed that. Other then that I am doing the program as written.

Ive been training seriously for around 2 years with work related setbacks every so often. My stats are all in KG
    Bodyweight 109
    BS 171
    FS 156
    Press 100
    BenchPress 161
    Deadlift 225x5
    Snatch 107
    C+J 136

Below is my first training session as well as the lifts I have selected. Everything will be done in my garage and all my logging is done in KG's unless specified otherwise.

Snatch for warmup 50x1x10
    Backsquat 110x5x2
    Press 75x5x2
    Pullups BWx5x2
    Deficit deadlift 120x5x2
    Rollout bwx5x1

So every single workout will be the exact same. Weight will be autoregulated as long as the reps are easy and form is perfect. 40 days straight unless life gets in the way but I will attempt to do this as quickly as possible.

I wont be missing any reps for the duration of the 40 days so I am only going to list the movement and the weight used.

Day 2

Sn 60
    BS 115
    Pr 75
    PU BW
    DL 130
    RO 5

Felt great today, no DOMS at all from yesterday and had tons of motivation to do a bit of lifting. I increased the weight in a few lifts but kept it mostly the same. My snatch warmup only consists of 5 singles now, my training partners dont snatch so it was pissing them off I was taking 10 minutes to snatch.

Day 3
    Sn 60
    BS 120
    Pr 75
    PU BW
    DL 140
    RO 5

Another good day. My right knee is feeling a little warm, not surprising but I hope I adapt so I dont have to bring the weight down as I really want to try and do 40 days straight. I will probably raise the weight on Press pullups and Deadlifts tomorrow

Day 4
    Sn 60
    BS 120
    Pr 80
    PU 5
    DL 150
    RO 5

This shit is working for real, although im a bit sore in the legs and back throughout the day its having no effect on training. My confidence is flying up and the reps really do feel easier. Ill likely keep all the weight the same tomorrow with the exception of squat which Ill raise 5 kg.

Day 5
    Sn 70
    BS 125
    Pr 80
    PU 5
    DL 150
    RO 5

very slight knee pain went away, I did some stretches last night so that could be why. Still have some niggling pain in my lat but nothing that will stop the training train. Everything still feels easy, its such an odd program. 125 for 5 felt the same as 110x5 did 5 days ago. almost easier. Press was harder then yesterday, I think I might be too heavy, Ill train the same weight tomorrow and if its not flying up ill drop back to 75. Deadlift is still stupid easy but I dont want to push it because of the niggling lat. If it feels good tomorrow Ill raise another 10 kg. Everything else is staying put.

Day 6
    Sn 50
    BS 100
    Pr 60
    PU BW
    DL 120
    RO 5

Had a easy Easy strength day today in preparation for hard Easy strength tomorrow. My knees feel great but today is just as much about giving my back a half assed chance to heal for some big dead lifts tomorrow.

why the change up?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Stroup View Post
    why the change up?
    Just experimenting a bit. Ill be back to a split right after its done.

Day 7
    Sn 80-85-90-95-100 no misses.
    BS 140x5 155x3 165x2
    Pr 85x5 90x3 92x2
    PU 10x5 20x3 25x2
    DL 160x5 190x3 210x2
    RO 10

Might have got a bit carried away today. It was good to see where im at though after this first week. Snatches feel better, Squats feel better, press feels worse, pullups feel better, DL feels the same, Rollouts are much better.

I think its an indication of the volume I was doing previously. I obviosly wasnt snatching often enough. I was doing alot of upper body pressing with accessory pressing so that may be why my press feels weaker as its the only movement where im doing less volume. Another possibility is that my work weight throughout was too high at 80kg. Ill lower back to 70 kg's for this next week. Overall im happy with the program so far and looking forward to the next 33 days!

Day 8
    Sn 60
    BS 120
    Pr 75
    PU 5
    DL 160
    RO 6

Time to keep er going. Not going to back off much after yesterdays heaviness. Tomorrow Ill raise Squat and snatch and leave everything else the same. knee is a bit sore but overall I feel great!

starting strength coach development program
    Good luck, I have seen good results with this approach on lifters of novice and intermediate levels.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast