starting strength gym

Thread: Calculating Prowler Load with a Group

Default Calculating Prowler Load with a Group

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I finally have access to a Prowler (actually, some cheap knock-off but close enough for now) and will be using it with a group of dancers ranging in age from 11 to 20 (obvious range in size, strength, etc.). In order to save some of our limited time, do any of you have experience getting a ball-park estimate of resonable load on the Prowler based on squat or deadlift work-set weight?

Default Re: Calculating Prowler Load with a Group

Don't underestimate the effectiveness of the Prowler with no additional weight.

Find Matt Reynolds article Death by Prowler and read that (resources ). I'd link to it but I'm on my phone and that'd be a pain.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Tereyla View Post
    Don't underestimate the effectiveness of the Prowler with no additional weight.
    I agree with this.

Also, you'l have to consider if you want an all out sprint, run, or walk (which can all be effective IMO).

I've seen small girl kill it with 90# and guys get killed by 90#. But I think typically you'll see empty sled, +50, +90, +180. Beyond that and you are getting into a territory unbeknownst to me.

Default Re: Calculating Prowler Load with a Group

Adding to my original thought, and to answer your question more exactly... I squat in the 400s and deadlift in the upper 400s and got crushed this morning by several trips with an empty prowler. Loaded 50 lbs and I was done.

I've used it for myself and my wife at different weights and realize it's variable for everyone. Just looking to see if there's a shortcut as I'll probably only have about 15 minutes total to run the thing.

As an aside, people aren't kidding when they talk about what useful and challenging tool these things are. I've done all kinds of sprints, hill runs, flipping tires, swings, ropes, etc. I've never had my ass kicked the way the Prowler did yet leave me actually wanting to come back and do it the next day. This must be how crack addicts feel!